Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1200

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

I stopped at Microcenter yesterday and found where they moved their sim racing gear. They have the Moza KS wheel I like in stock, and their wheelbases and pedals. After seeing the struggle some people have getting things delivered, I realize I'm pretty lucky if I do decide to do this...if it will fit in the Vette.

But a good rig will certainly not fit in the car.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    So… you’re actually doing this?

Please say yes.

I don't know. I really don't. I want to convince myself that it's not THAT much and it's not THAT complicated and I'll totally want to spend several hours a week every week for years doing races so it will all be justified. So I'm trying to pick out all the pieces and get excited about them, but it's not really working in the face of photography stuff that I'm already invested in and that has other benefits.

Watching onboard videos from IMSA and WEC races help, they mostly make it look easy and fun, but I hate the idea of spending 4 grand building something from scratch just to be shit and ruin team races unless I practice for hours every week in the summer instead of going out and taking pictures of ladies in bikinis.

My other option is to make the bare minimum investment: get a $1k PC that will just barely run stuff in low settings on my TV with my G923. That could happen at any point, but that's not worthy of this thread.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; March 4th, 2024 at 06:22 AM.

Junior Potato
    I’ve learned not to judge people with equipment that fails to meet some nebulous, undefined standard. We all started somewhere.

Plus cheap hardware is a cheap way to try things to see if you will actually like it. If you don’t, you only lose a few bucks if you choose to resell. You only lose a few bucks when upgrading too…

Junior Potato
    iRacing will run on a potato PC too, don’t forget. If I dropped all my settings to low, I’d probably see upwards of 200fps.

Might as well get in now while the Corvette GT3 is on development. *cough*

Junior Potato
    So yeah I loaded the Daytona 500 replay again, but this time at 1920x1080 and with the lowest graphical settings. The framerate counter gave me 550 fps while I was watching from the perspective of the lead car.

Junior Potato
    iRacing with rain performance. Below 60 fps. I may need to reduce some graphical settings

Junior Potato
    Additional info for Keith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Epp83VOBI
    This build is about cramming as much power into as small a space as possible while paying attention to value for money. This is the sort of shit I'm really into.
    Mid CPU and high GPU
    (Intel i5 14400F/32GB RAM/RTX 4080 Super)

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfou...hite-gaming-pc
    This is more about the build experience and the journey of finding parts, etc. You don't have to go to these lengths to make something as flash as this, but it'll give you an idea of the build process prior to ordering parts.
    High CPU and mid GPU
    (AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D/32GB RAM/RTX 4060 Ti - same CPU as me)

...not that I'm trying to twist your arm or anything.

As you can probably tell, the go-to for a lot of people right now is the 7800X3D CPU and an RTX GPU in the 4070 ballpark with 32 GB of RAM. It's a fantastic base to work from. Lots of uhhh... photo editing can be done with this.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; March 12th, 2024 at 06:18 AM.

AI PHOTO CREATION WITH UR 4070?!!??

Several weeks ago, the wife and I seriously talked about getting a device for playing co-op video games together on the TV. We decided that the best thing to do would be to get a compact/cheap PC and play games through Steam. I ordered one a short time ago for $500 (40% off.) I ordered two Xbox controllers (they work just fine with Windows via Bluetooth.) Got the machine and the controllers, but it did not come with built-in wireless. It was packaged with a USB wi-fi adapter, but no Bluetooth to run the Xbox controllers. I bought a USB Bluetooth adapter at Best Buy on the way home from work the other day. We're gaming! Unfortunately, complex games were running slow, even at 720 resolution, because it did not have a dedicated GPU. I ordered a cheap ($150) video card. Any video card is better than no video card. Got the video card today. Instructions were very meager. Wasn't sure what cables to plug in. Slotted it and plugged in what I thought was power. Reconnected everything and turned it on. It worked! Windows automatically installed the latest driver. I am surprised how easy that was. I expected to be fighting with it. The last time I put components in a computer, it was the previous century. Games are running better and faster, like night and day. Initially, I changed video settings in games to 720 just so they would run at a reasonable rate. Now, they are running at 1080 no prob.