Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

Junior Potato
    Excellent!

What took you so long?

Well, the first mobo Amazon sent me was borked, it seems.
    So pissed off I ordered a substitution and got new case and psu meanwhile.

Now all is working more or less.

Forza Horizon 4 is a rock solid 75fps in 1080p 21:9, The Witcher 3 now can reach over 60fps, F1 2020 is ok and... No Man's Sky still sucks majorly getting spikes from 41 to 57 fps: it actually feels worse than even before. I dunno what to do with that.
    I know the 580 Nitro+ suffers heavy games but damn, it feels like the switch from the i5 4670k to the Ryzen 3600 and from DDR3 2133 to DDR4 3600 made no difference at all. I'm puzzled.
    Now on downloading Destiny 2, it will take a while (90GB ffs!).

New PC looks great Blerps! I like that case.

I don't know the RX 580 well but I suspect it may be a bottleneck in the system for gaming. This would explain why the processor change seemed to make no difference. It's entirely possible the processor is waiting on the GPU to keep up. For reference, I built my Ryzen 5 3600 based system with a 2070 Super and it's doing great with all the racing sims at 1080p (over 200fps with iRacing).

Actually the PC change made the difference but some games are either poorly optimized or GPU bound: on my old system both Minecraft Java edition WITH Shaders and No Man's Sky would be crippled.
    New PC: Minecraft Java Edition even with the heaviest Shaders runs fine (Finally!!! Yay!) while NMS still sucks major arse.
    Whatever, I'll play less and less with it, I was getting bored of it anyway.
    Also Destiny 2 is a blast as it was before, even better.

Next upgrade will surely be a new video card, at least a 2060 Super or such (I'm too wary of new AMD 5xxx series, too much trouble with temps and drivers), since 21:9 aspect ratio and 75Hz refresh rate even in 1080p demand a bit of GPU power.

Junior Potato
    Seeeeeexxxxxxxxx

I know it’s not really practical, but holy tits on a plate, I want to squirt litres of my feeble jizz all over this case.

I’m a fan of these sandwich style cases and will build one eventually, and I think The best part about this one is the central spine concept in which all of the cables are routed to keep it utterly clean on the outside.

I hope someday a case designer adopts this and builds it into a more conventional small form factor sandwich case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Seeeeeexxxxxxxxx

I know it’s not really practical, but holy tits on a plate, I want to squirt litres of my feeble jizz all over this case.

I’m a fan of these sandwich style cases and will build one eventually, and I think The best part about this one is the central spine concept in which all of the cables are routed to keep it utterly clean on the outside.

I hope someday a case designer adopts this and builds it into a more conventional small form factor sandwich case.
    Sounds like a business idea!!!

Oooooof that is nice! I would consider that, but I don't think it'd fit right in my space atm.

NVidia has some sort of announcement set for August 31st. Looks like they are finally introducing their next gen gaming cards. I'll be checking that out

Yeah, they will announce the 3xxx cards. Probably 3090 (Titan) and 3080 Ti will come out 2 weeks or a month after that, 3070 way after and 3060 could be as far away as December, someone even said January 2021.
    It is all speculation right now.

Administrator
    Assuming I am still employed then, I basically committed to getting the 3080 when it comes out so my neighbor can have my 1080. I'm both regretting that offer and totally wanting that card.

Junior Potato
    RTX 3000 series in da house.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...graphics-cards

RTX 3090 - Ridiculously priced halo product which replaces the 2080Ti at $1500

RTX 3080 - “Up to” double 2080Ti performance for $700

Both of the above available September 17th.

RTX 3070 - Will match 2080Ti for only $500, available October.

The 3090 has a beefy triple-slot cooler, too. All three cards will support next-gen features like HDMI 2.1 allowing 8K/60 and 4K/120 as well as a bunch of other fancy processing techniques to reduce latency between CPU and GPU.