Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm hoping to get mine in the next week or so. Still need to find a motherboard/RAM, which isn't currently being scalped (thankfully).

Administrator
    Got my RTX 3080 today. A couple of surprises - it's actually *slightly* smaller than my GTX 1080 was, and was perfectly happy with the same power connections as the GTX 1080. It seems to run *really* hot when it's pushed, but no instability so far.

I was running Cyberpunk at 1440, but now it's 4k with pretty much all the settings cranked to max and I get around 50fps most of the time. The lighting effects are bonkers, all the neon and screens look pretty damned cool, apparently due to the ray tracing. iRacing I set to max on everything at 4k and am getting 150fps. Flight sim saw no framerate improvement at all at the same settings I ran before, but apparently because it's CPU bound. I went back and made some changes and now it's 4k with a lot sharper imagery at the same framerate.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Nice!

I may (may!?) just install the 3090 (if it ever shows up), and eBay the 5900x (for MSRP). Again, may.

Junior Potato
    This is 100% unconfirmed but I've seen a Facey post about people putting ads up on eBay like the one below specifically designed to scam bots that are hogging all the fancy new hardware.

I repost only because I hope it is true!

I read an article about it. Maybe in The Verge or something.

Junior Potato
    Nvidia has revealed that the new RTX 3060 will be artificially limited in performance when it is being used to mine cryptocurrency. At the same time, they've announced a line of GPUs designed specifically for mining. Those GPUs will feature reject chips that didn't pass muster in manufacturing, so won't do graphics, but are still fine for computational processing. They will be smaller and less energy hungry, so they will be ideal for shoving into a dedicated mining rig.

Damn good idea, Nvidia. Hopefully this will free up a bunch of stock of normal GPUs intended to go to people who want to use them for gaming.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I fucking love it.

Administrator
    A friend of mine had already gotten a 3060Ti and now just scored a 3070, so she's looking to offload the 3060. Asking what she paid minus sales tax, $550, it's one of these: https://www.zotacstore.com/us/zotac-...zt-a30610e-10m

Administrator
    Think it's safe to say that that got no interest, so I'll start casting a wider net.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    That's funny, the guy I'm getting my stuff from has a live stream a couple days a week for shipping orders, yesterday he shipped a ton of Zotac 3060s.

Still waiting on my shit....