Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1070

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

It runs Crysis OK?

Junior Potato
    Wouldn’t have a clue because I don’t play Crysis.

But if I did, it would probably run much worse because of all the extra pixels I now have to deal with!

5120*1440?

How you finding it, much adjustment required? How much distortion at the edges, assuming a large FoV give a fish eye effect?

Junior Potato
    Yeah I was going to do a longer write up with screenshot examples. Thereís a tonne of stretching on the outer edges. Whatís really disappointing is that while modern games support arbitrary resolutions (advertised as triple or ultrawide support) only one of them in my library that I know of actually does it properly. Itís iRacing.

The worst offender is Halo Infinite when flying the aerial vehicles. The camera zooms out for a better view so the surrounding areas are massively stretched.

MSFS looks magnificent but also has a problem with stretched edges, but I did find a lens distortion correction setting that fixes it by 50%. You can zoom the view slightly to make it even better.

I don't have any problems on my 21:9 (3440 x 1440) 34" monitor.
    The only offenders? Those two pieces of shit that are Fallout 4 and Elden Ring.
    Friend of my has the 1080p G9, so 32:9 as well as yours but he did not find any trouble with any game.

Junior Potato
    Perhaps they arenít conscious of the issue. Iíll get examples for you later when Iím at the pooter.

One good thing has occurred though. Iíve been dealing with a persistent and unfortunate crashing issue with my GPU over the last year. I could run iRacing if I limited it to 1080p and 60fps. If I tried any frame rate above 70 it would crash. Thankfully it could handle 3840x1080 to suit the ultrawide. Other games would crash all the time too. I lost so much iRating due to hardware DNFs.

I tried everything and never got a result, but then yesterday I underclocked my GPU to 95% and got more frames and what appears to be full stability out of it. Now Iíll be playing all of my games at 1440p native res, and they look so sharp and clear!

That sounds like there's a problem with your gpu, tho.

Junior Potato
    Yes. But I also think there’s something going on with the fan curves. I’m using MSI Afterburner to fiddle with it. When I underclocked then hit the Apply button, the fans zoomed up to higher speed. This leads me to believe the card might have been hitting a temperature limit and crashing. DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-HUNG was one message I saw a few times. I should check within BIOS and see if I’ve changed something by mistake.

Have you checked if there is a bios update for both the motherboard and the gpu?
    From memory, you had a 3060? That should be on par with my 5700XT.

Junior Potato
    Nah I've got a 2070.

GPU is up-to-date, mobo BIOS I will leave as-is because I am scared of bricking it, and it works perfectly fine (i.e. if it ain't broke don't fix it).

And I checked, there's nothing in my BIOS that's related to GPU settings anyway.