Page 54 of 120 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody stop me... (Gaming PC Build Thread)

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post

Drew, what’s your opinionion on this?
    The Master Race rules. Having been in 4k land for the last year, I coudn't go backwards.

Not sure I spent $2500 on the current box, not taking into account I've had the same power supply for almost 10 years. HDD, DVD, Case, and power supply were carry-overs. GPU, CPU, mobo, RAM all bought in march of last year.

I want to build a new one, because, I like building PCs. I'm also dumb and frivolous enough to drop a 2080ti in the bitch.

#DontGiveaFuck

So, I wanted to get decent headphones for gaming once I got my Soundblaster Z installed.
    I bought some HyperX Cloud Alpha headphones... great to have detachable cable and mic, great design, very decent audio all around but... the headphone pavilions really clamp my head and bring in a lot of pain around the ears, even after a relatively short time.
    I ordered some Turtle Beach Elite Atlas, hoping to get better comfort... and albeit being heavier, the weight is better distributed, but still painful to use after less than one hour (in the case of the HyperX it got to be painful after even 5 minutes eventually).
    I've tried my Sony wireless/wired headphones: they are a lot lighter and a bit more loose, so they get bearable.
    I've got back to my 20$ shitty Nubwo N2 headphones which wear very loose and have giant pavilions... seemingly the only way to relieve the pain from my skull, around the ears.
    Shitty situation but it seems I'm particularly sensitive to clamping force and so most headphones won't do for me.

Disappointingly I'm keeping the 20$ headphones and sending back both HyperX and Turtle Beach, for a total of 181 euro to be refunded by Amazon.
    Sucks, but the only headphones (closed back - can't use open or semi open back ones, I don't live alone and cannot make noise during nights) that have very low weight and low clamping force are the Bose SoundTrue Around-Ear II... problem? Bose discountinued the model in 2017 and I've found them only available as refurbished for 119 euro on a dubious site with limited refund policy.
    Shitty situation and I can't afford to order them in case they won't fit properly.
    So, all in all I'm pretty disappointed... may as well think to play with in ear cabled stuff in the future. MEH.

photo_2019-03-01_14-59-56.jpg
    Last edited by Blerpa; March 1st, 2019 at 05:18 AM.

Administrator
    I've really liked my SteelSeries Arctis 5 headphones, they're some of the most comfortable headphones I've had. They're wired, but for $20 or so more the Arctis 7 are wireless. Microphone isn't detatchable, but it does retract into the headphone if you're not using it.

The only downside for me is when they're hooked up over USB, they have this zany lightshow on the outside, but you can turn that off buried somewhere in the settings.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I use a $20 pair of Skullcandy ear buds.

A good 5-600 watt power supply is plenty for nearly anything. Especially as time goes on. All components are becoming faster and require less power...all at the same time.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Yep, I don't see any real used for upgrading mine. Even if I had SLI cards (which I never have, never will(?)), the 750 I have is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Sucks, but the only headphones (closed back - can't use open or semi open back ones, I don't live alone and cannot make noise during nights)
    Ah darn, that's quite annoying. I was going to recommend the Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X that I have. But they are open back. I really liked my Cloud II's, but you've tried something similar.

Junior Potato
    A monumental day my friends… My build has started!

I ordered this case: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/6318...X-Gaming-Case-

And as funds allow I’ll accumulate more parts. With a good computer shop right around the corner from me it’ll be easy.

I’m going mini ITX because I want a small machine, but it’s my first ever PC build so I don’t want to make it too hard for myself. I’ll start here then replace it for a smaller case down the line and do one of those ridiculous shoe boxes.

I’m going to go for an i5 system but I’m torn between a GTX 1660 or an RTX 2060. I’ve seen a lot of opinions that say that a 1660 is enormous bang for the buck, but I’ve also seen opinions that say that you should save a bit more money for a 2060 and get even more bang but for a few more bucks, with the pleasure of RT thrown on top.

And that’s not even accounting for the fact that by the time I eventually buy a GPU there might be more options on the table!

They’ll be enough for a bit of 4K, a bit of VR, and a bit of 1080. Any other details I’ll work out as I go.

Thoughts and opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    A monumental day my friends… My build has started!

I ordered this case: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/6318...X-Gaming-Case-

And as funds allow I’ll accumulate more parts. With a good computer shop right around the corner from me it’ll be easy.

I’m going mini ITX because I want a small machine, but it’s my first ever PC build so I don’t want to make it too hard for myself. I’ll start here then replace it for a smaller case down the line and do one of those ridiculous shoe boxes.

I’m going to go for an i5 system but I’m torn between a GTX 1660 or an RTX 2060. I’ve seen a lot of opinions that say that a 1660 is enormous bang for the buck, but I’ve also seen opinions that say that you should save a bit more money for a 2060 and get even more bang but for a few more bucks, with the pleasure of RT thrown on top.

And that’s not even accounting for the fact that by the time I eventually buy a GPU there might be more options on the table!

They’ll be enough for a bit of 4K, a bit of VR, and a bit of 1080. Any other details I’ll work out as I go.

Thoughts and opinions?
    Do you plan to play games at 4k or will that be limited to movies etc? If you plan to play games then your choice of cards just won't cut it, but will easily play movies at 4k through Netflix for example.

Junior Potato
    I plan to use it mostly for racing sims in VR. These are all older games with lower requirements. Trust me, I won’t be buying any modern AAA games as they generally don’t interest me too much.

(Just thinking about that topic, the last time I bought a full-price AAA game was Ace Combat 7, before that Red Dead 2 and that’s a console exclusive, and before that was Spider-Man and God of War, both PS4 exclusive. Prior to last major multi-platform AAA game I bought was probably Titanfall 2 or Doom)

Since I’ve already got a PS4 Pro I’m thinking that any 4K gaming I can do on a PC is a bonus, but if I get the bug eventually, hey. It’s a PC. I can just replace the GPU.