Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things are looking bad for Schumi

Things are looking bad for Schumi

Last couple of articles I've read have had phrases like "coma for life" and "won't be Michael Schumacher any more".

He's been in a coma for over two weeks now

It seems most of those articles have come from speculation,not official sources.
    From what I've understood,the longer someone is in a coma,the better off they can be.
    There was the sad story of an NZ motorcycle racer in the 70s,Kim Newcombe,died after injuries sustained at a non championship race in England.
    Well he didn't actually die due to the injuries,but more so his wife was given (poor) advice to turn off his life support.
    Not until a few years later she was told that leaving him in that state could have saved his life. Pretty stink knowing that years later!

Longer might be better if it's an induced coma.
    But if your brain is mush, the longer you are in the coma the more it points to serious and possibly permanent damage.

Feel for the family.

But Andreas Zieger, a neurosurgeon in Oldenburg, Germany, warns against speculation because it is unknown what injuries Schumacher sustained from his accident in the French Alps .

“Brain injuries are among the most complicated injuries that can happen to the human body,” he told the German newspaper Focus. “Therefore individual predictions about the course and potential complications cannot in all cases (be) reliable.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2qf8GdUKV

It's a brain injury... who knows what will happen. The longer we hear nothing, the greater the speculation will be. Hopefully we get some factual recovery information soon.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

I guess it's an improvement from the point of view that they appear to have the swelling and bleeding under control. I would tend to call it a "status change" rather than an improvement, though, since they really don't know if they are "waking up" M.Schumacher or a vegetable that used to be M.Schumacher.
    Whoomah!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    maybe I should have put a question mark then

Yeah, things are still very bleak. We must use very cautious optimism with each change. This process could literally take years.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I still hate you, spoonface! But please, get well dammit!
    acket.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar