Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 FORMULA 1 BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Yeah, glad to see Kimi finally doing well!

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XHawkeye View Post

At present its looking good for Hamilton. The Edge review of the first Gran Turismo said 'unlike Mario Kart, the same opponent doesn't always finish ahead, leading to less frustrating championships', and the odd Ferrari coming 2nd gives the same benefit to Lewis, whereas last year however much quicker he was than Rosberg he could only pull out 7 points

The Mercedes were both having brake problems towards the end of the race which apparently forced them both to slow down. If not for that, Kimi might not have passed Rosberg. That would only have given Rosberg 3 extra points, which means he'd still be getting stomped by Hamilton. Of course in Vettel's win, it came to down to a bad call by Mercedes on the pit stops. If they had called it right, they probably would have finished 1-2. That would have meant 7 more points for Hamilton and 3 more for Rosberg, only increasing Hamilton's lead over Rosberg further. I'm not sure if Hamilton's upped his game or Rosberg's lost something, but the gap has clearly widened between them.

Ferrari's made great improvements but they are still just enough slower than Mercedes that they need a little bit of luck to beat either Mercedes.

Williams might see a podium or two this year but I kind of doubt that they will see a win. It would require a lot of luck in terms of all four drivers from Mercedes and Ferrari having some sort of issue.

Red Bull is looking really bad.
    Last edited by overpowered; April 25th, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    McLaren?

Brain Faaaaaart!
    acket.

They're all silver, same difference...

It's only a matter of time when McLaren Honda will be mixing up near the top. I hope Jenson would still be around to finish his unfinished business.

I don't see how they're going to be mixing it up at the top this season. Even next season seems unlikely, though I'll grant that it's possible. It's pretty amazing how far they've fallen in only a couple of seasons.

Amazing an sad. Apparently Hamilton was that big of a game changer. Yet I find that hard to believe.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    I don't see how they're going to be mixing it up at the top this season. Even next season seems unlikely, though I'll grant that it's possible. It's pretty amazing how far they've fallen in only a couple of seasons.
    They've also taken on some engine responsibilities over from Honda. I don't really see how that helps the F1 team, sure, McLaren cars and their engineering consulting business gets some street cred, but won't that make them a sort of Illmor or Cosworth?
    acket.

I'd say it helps them in the way that they might actually be able to get the engine to work. In all the 'yay Honda and mclaren back together' excitement most people failed to realize that Honda in the 80's didn't act like a japanese company whereas 30 years on Honda of today very much is. And to put it bluntly a japanese company with japanese culture is the last thing you want in an F1 team.