Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GT Academy 2015, 21st April - 16th June

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Once again (Brands hatch this time) i gave up the event once i got a valid time, and once again it was gold.

Mind you it wasn't hard, as mentioned, and it was also a very messy lap, sideways around the 4th (?) corner (heading onto the GP track) but still staying on the lead out of all of you on my friends list.

Nowhere near as frustrating as the Nismo GT-R!

sitting with a 25.3
    This was a bit more fun than the first round. May try to get it down a little more. Quite frustrating to get a tire off and you go spinning like a top.

Had a quick go at these tonight. Kind of amazing how the GT3 car at Brands had similar characteristics to the real car, in that you can monster the brakes and turn in on full braking and it gets down to the apex often. Never seen another race car do that, but it works.

LMP2 @ Spa is a good challenge!

Junior Potato
    Pfffffft what would you know about that GT3 car?

Is it tail happy in real life too Bryan? I know with racecars you have to feather the throttle at points (V8 Supercars in particular), so i'm guessing that it would like to get the back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Pfffffft what would you know about that GT3 car?
    LOL

Best i can manage is a silver time at Spa.
    That first 'famous' corner can go suck dogs balls.

the LMP2 car is brilliant to drive, the GT3 was pretty awesome too. Glad to hear it's fairly accurate!

I've got money on Round 4 being the GT-R LM. It is at Le Mans, after all. Fingers crossed.

Junior Potato
    'Tis the GT-R LM, Harper.

But I can't drive it. Too much time on Project CARS has caused me to become shit at GT6. It'd be different if I was using a wheel, because it would reduce the gap in feel between the two games, but alas…

And, the car is front wheel drive. So it understeers. I've had it plough more fields than a John Deere.

Meh.

Yeah. It's so, so different. it's a bit weird, and it's hard to tell when it starts pushing and how hard to use the throttle in corners. And I've only done a few laps, but it's bitten me a couple times too. But fucking hell it's quick. I've gotten almost 350 kph down the first part of Mulsanne. And that's definitely faster than I've gotten with the really comparable car, the Toyota TS030.