Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GT Academy 2015, 21st April - 16th June

Yeah, the LMP1 takes a lot of getting used to.

It's useful to put TCS:1 on to start with, so you aren't just inadvertently bonfiring the fronts.

You have to be quite precise with your braking points, you can't take liberties on corner entry because you'll just miss the apex and run wide. However, once you get the speed and line about right, it starts to come alive. If you're at the right speed at the apex, adding power doesn't cause understeer, instead the diff hooks up. Also, turn in while lifting off and it really arcs into the faster corners.

I started out finding it tough to drive, but with a few more laps I started really enjoying the way it rewards you getting it right, and really liking the drive (this was with the DS3).

A bit like Bowlby's other creation in that regard.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I was a bit sukky with it, but possibly because my body wanted to go to sleep and i was resisting.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Yeah, the LMP1 takes a lot of getting used to.

It's useful to put TCS:1 on to start with, so you aren't just inadvertently bonfiring the fronts.

You have to be quite precise with your braking points, you can't take liberties on corner entry because you'll just miss the apex and run wide. However, once you get the speed and line about right, it starts to come alive. If you're at the right speed at the apex, adding power doesn't cause understeer, instead the diff hooks up. Also, turn in while lifting off and it really arcs into the faster corners.

I started out finding it tough to drive, but with a few more laps I started really enjoying the way it rewards you getting it right, and really liking the drive (this was with the DS3).

A bit like Bowlby's other creation in that regard.
    Bolding especially especially true. If you nail it, it just runs like a slot car and it's fucking brilliant. But my instincts are all backwards sometimes, so I lift and it just plows off into a "Lap Time Invalidated".

I'm still trying, because I know I can get the Silver (I'm two seconds off with plenty to gain) and I really want to earn that award.

Don't really care for it at all. I use a wheel and this thing really shakes the wheel. Looked at a replay and it does bounce. Very stiff suspension. No tcs and anti-lock at 1
    Got my Gold and sitting at 3:32.125

I really liked the last round a lot more.