Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My next sad little automotive odyssey

My next sad little automotive odyssey

If all goes well I plan on being the owner of this by Monday. 1968.

Elise, camper van, classic suicide Continental, yeah, I'd say my collection is getting pretty eclectic.

It's not in perfect shape, but that's why it was only $12,500. And there's no rust.

Probably gonna cruise around blasting Dancing Queen, as one does in a such a sinister car like this, getting 8mpg the whole way.

20240325172021__R5_8745.jpg

Ooh, I like it! Congratulations.

Looks like an excellently bad plan!

Whoa!

If you're gonna restore that to a good condition, may be a great business opportunity/investment!

Junior Potato
    This is fantastic!

Excellent.

Bag it!
    Whoomah!

Very cool! Any plans for it?

That stuff around the windshield isn't rust?

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Very cool! Any plans for it?

That stuff around the windshield isn't rust?
    There's *a little* rust. But nothing that I've seen beyond superficial stuff. I found a decal on the inside of the trunk from a dealer in Texas, so its rust-free past is beginning to come into focus.

I just want to have fun with it. There's a part of me that just wants to not get too attached, not put a whole lot of money into it, and just enjoy it for as long as I can as long as there aren't too many breakdowns. But there's another part of me that wants to throw some money at it to get it nice and reliable. What I don't ever foresee myself doing is spending endless time and money getting it cosmetically perfect. The Lotus is close to that, and all I do is worry about it when I drive/park it anywhere. It sucks a lot of the fun out of it.

Preliminary measurements indicate this barge might just fit in my garage if basically all of the clutter is removed. I could shuffle some things around and keep my '96 Miata garaged at my mom's house. It will take so much work to clean and organize everything, but just the thought of a garage with a '68 Continental on one side and an Elise on the other side is worth it I think.

The car is now home. Seeing it in the dark last night, which I think is really this car's natural habitat, I do kind of dig it.

It's so sinister though. I don't know if that level of evil fits me. Maybe I can manage to fit on a set of these to soften it up a little?

bearwheel.jpg
    Last edited by Sad, little man; March 30th, 2024 at 10:34 AM.