Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DiRT Rally - Codemasters Release

Junior Potato
    Me buy new game, me go broom-broom.

Don't mind me!

Junior Potato
    Third post in a row!

The more I read stuff from Codemasters about this game, the more I think they're all just a bunch of really good guys who truly love rallying.

I bought this yesterday, then spent 2+ hrs downloading it, then played it a bit and went to bed. Only an hour later, a new big update comes through, so now I have to wait another 2+ hrs to play it again

But... Just look at this. So worth it.

Big picture warning!

Yup, just logged in and saw that... big update! Really awesome

Guess I'll play Arkham Asylum until it's finished...

EDIT:
    Good thing you bought it when you did! I'm pretty sure the price went up after that update. Seems they are slowly increasing the pricing with each large update (though I don't recall a hike with the Pike's Peak update).
    Last edited by GreatScawt; June 29th, 2015 at 05:30 PM.

That 306GTI pic caused a tentpole.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Whens it visiting PS4?

Junior Potato
    ^ Probably in 12 months. A console port is inevitable but this isn't a full game yet. It's 100% worth it to buy it now if you have a decent PC to run it. So do it. And get Project CARS on PS4 while you're at it, Bucko.

I played a fair bit of the update this afternoon. Fuck yeah F2 kit cars. 12k RPM screamers. So much noise!

The German tarmac rally stages are fun, but I prefer Monte Carlo with it's narrow cliff faces and icy conditions. I think Greece is my favourite of them all so far. That dry rocky dust. Just wonderful.

I've bought this even though I have jack-all time to play it. Good rally games deserve support so that I can play them when I'm 55 years old.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Unfortunately my PC is un-pc, its a jack in the box Acer. My brother was going to build one for me but i got impatient (well actually my other compy died, and i didn't want to wait for a while for one to be built).

And yeah, i meant to reply to your PSN message but keep forgetting. I kinda want to try Project Cars, but don't know anyone that owns it and despite having fibre internet it says its too slow for Share Play. Ruapuna Raceway in NZ has me interested especially.

Just gave this a try. So far only in the 60's Lancia. It's fun for sure, but very hard. Wheel feels like it weight 5000lbs. Tarmac and Snow stanges I've had fun at, but the gravel is like impossible.

Heavy in FFB? I'm using my Driving Force Pro and it seems a little floaty, but there's enough feedback there. Much better than Project CARS which seems to give me literally no FFB.

How is the gravel impossible? Just curious.
    I found the tarmac pretty difficult but I think my issue was my traction control and ABS. The loss of grip on tarmac sent me spinning out and skidding as opposed to sliding.