Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Wifey bought it before launch day and has played it a fair bit, but i keep pushing her to play it more so that i can eventually have a go.

Finally started playing it. Neat game. Need to download Fo3(was included).

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Having learned how the perks work, I restarted (after 50 hours). I thought you needed to max out a given base (Luck/Agility/etc, level 10) before you could go to the bonus/perks below.

In other words, I fucked myself from the start. All is better with this one though. I also abandoned quests, for the most part, to explore the remote reaches. I have jump/fat travel spots over about 75% of the map so far as a result, which makes things a lot easier. Most of my XP has come from that and killing/cleaning the areas I find.

Hah! Drew, I had a problem with the Perk chart as well. I actually didn't know it scrolled down! Here I am wondering how the fuck you level up lock-picking and hacking and I just had to drag the screen down. D'oh.

Also, unlike Skyrim (from what I remember), clearing out areas ahead of time is fine. In fact, if someone gives you a quest to "Clear out the Mass Pike" and you did it already? You have the option to say that and get an immediate XP/Cap reward. Very rewarding for people who want to explore and not feel like they're fucking up the quests.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Yep. I did one quest in an area I went Rambo in, the guy said "looks like someone beat us to it."

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm very addicted to this game now. It's a lot of fun, just from the standpoint of the fact there are so many places to discover/clean out.

I'm about 70 hours into my second (more informed) start, and I can't get enough of it. Currently at level 35, working on some bigger leveled perks.

I listen to a podcast run by game developers/people in the industry and they made a great point: Fallout 4 does an awesome job of constantly putting something on the horizon that you want to see or explore.

Basically:

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Fuck an A.

I've been trying to do the Tinker Tom missions, but each one takes about 4 hours, because I get side-tracked to another side track, to get side-tracked on a different side track, ending up on the other side of the map from where I originally intended to go.

OOoooohhhh shiny!!!!!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah, sidetrackisis is why i ended up with a couple of 200 hour and one 300+ hour save in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Sounds like it could be worse for F4.