Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Josh's Coal-Rolling Cruze

Since leaving the house Saturday morning the Cruze has done 562 miles at an average speed of 82 mph, largely through hilly north-central Kansas. Filled it up just before I got home with 12.989 gallons. This works out to 43.267 miles per gallon, so I'm pretty damn happy with that.
    All-in-all, it was a very pleasant and comfortable drive.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Man, that is *nice*. That kind of mileage at that speed in a solid, comfortable car is a-ok. Best I've ever done in my life was 38mpg in a bloody Saturn SL1 at 55mph.

Update: Still very happy with the Cruze. No problems to report at all, it's very comfortable for all of the highway miles I've been putting on it.

About four months/9000 miles* in.
    Avg mpgs according to fuelly - 41.257
    Avg fuel price - $2.479/gallon
    Nothing resembling problems or breakdowns so far.

* - Boy, that's a lot of miles. 2000 of that was from a road trip the wife and I took at the end of July/beginning of August. Another 2600 is from a few recent 650 mile round-trip weekends to western Kansas for the purposes of archaeology. The rest is my normal 80 mile round trip commute and errands.
    I should do some math and figure out what the Rabbit would be costing me if I were taking it everywhere - I think it averaged about 26/27 mpg.
    -Formerly Stabulator