Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite: Dangerous

I am not buying a PS4 for one game.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I gave this an honest go today. There are more tutorials now, not just one or two flight and shoot tutorials. Despite that, they're still too stingy with the hints on how to complete tasks. It took me 6-7 minutes of bumping around a landing pad just to dock. I thought there was some button you had to press or something. The time almost ran out before I was able to park in the right place. I was able to figure things out and enjoyed it a bit more. Opening the galaxy map made my eyes pop out of my head. There are countless systems to visit. Seriously, there must be thousands. I think I would enjoy it once I got into it, but I don't think I will buy it at this time. Maybe if it's on sale in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I am not buying a PS4 for one game.
    But then you could play games online with Janelle and me!

Which we rarely do.

And me!!!

And ME!!!!

And m....wait a minute. I don't have a PS4. Join the Master Race and get a PC!

As a side note, as I was looking at space-sim stuff on Wikipedia, I clicked through to this. Just thought it was crazy and interesting.

The Bloodbath of B-R5RB or Battle of B-R5RB was a massive-scale virtual battle fought in the MMORPG space game EVE Online, and was possibly the largest player versus player battle ever. Pitting the Clusterfuck Coalition and Russian alliances (CFC/Rus) against N3 and Pandemic Legion (N3/PL), the 21 hour long conflict involved over 7,548 player characters overall and a maximum of 2,670 players in the B-R5RB system at one time. The in-game cost of the losses totalled over 11 trillion InterStellar Kredit (ISK), an estimated theoretical real-world value of $300,000 to $330,000 USD. This theoretical value is derived from time cards which are purchasable for real currency and can be converted into a tradable item in-game.
    Full article.

Anyone ever play Escape Velocity on the Mac? Jeez, that was 20 years ago. Elite: Dangerous is totally EV for this generation.

Alright, I bought it for the Xbone. Still trying to get a hang of it. I think I got the flying and docking down. Even fought off my first pirate and got a bounty. Alas, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to deliver a damn package. I got fined because I messed it up somehow. They don't make it intuitive at all.

Usually through the notice board there will be an option to redeem your mission.