Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Elite: Dangerous

I feel like I've been trying for ages to get my rep up with the Imperials. I'm only at 19% cordial. I'm 50% friendly with the Federation. I wanted to get the achievement for being friendly with all three superpowers. I haven't even worked on the Alliance yet.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Yeah, the rep is one thing, the RANK is a whole other.

There are systems out there that have many major-aligned factions that you can rep up with. I think if you found such a system/station, and did the little run around missions (data/transport people/deliveries), you would be able to get to friendly with them fairly easily.

The rank on the other hand, ffs.

Yeah, I understand that you have to do missions, trade commodities, and sell exploration data to systems allied with whatever power you want to get friendly with. I am not really concerned about my rank. I was hoping to get a Sol permit eventually. You just have to keep doing missions, but it takes eons.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Yeah. The Sol permit is a fairly mid Fed rank, which is some considerable effort...

I swear the FDEV guys are sadists, making you intentionally go out of your way to spend hours/weeks on end for one seemingly simple task...

After playing this game off and on for a while, I finally got: a.) Friendly with all three super powers. (I thought there was an achievement for this. ) b.) Sol permit. The thing is, I wasn't even really trying for a Sol permit. I was just doing missions and got a message saying I was granted one.

It took a lot of space truckin' to get friendly will all three super powers.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I've not touched this in over a year...

Recently, I did a whole bunch of linked Imperial missions. Suddenly, I jumped up about six ranks from Serf to Baron. I got a few more follow-on missions that required a landing module that I did not have. My rank easily could be higher, not that it really matters.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I just fired it up last weekend again. It appears to have had some big changes.

I re-engineered my explorer ship, and pointed towards Sag A. Got about 10000ly into the trip, and got bored. So I'm heading back, hitting nebulas along the way.

I also installed Skyrim last week, but haven't done anything with it yet.

I just bought a Python. Traded my Asp Explorer. It was a good ship. Looking forward to flying the Python though.