Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Recon: Wildlands

I've not been on XBL for two weeks simply because it's been nice out in the evenings finally.

I still greatly enjoy this title!

Played some yesterday before the hockey game. Starting to learn it some more. Tried Rebel Radio, got murderized. I'll try that one again tonight, no NBA or NHL to watch, and a fridge full of beer.��

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/21/16...ta-launch-date

Multiplayer on the way, beta coming in the summer, release in the fall.

Ghost War pits two groups of players against each other on wide-open maps inspired by Wildlands’ interpretation of Bolivia. What exactly the classes are isn’t known right now, but the trailer above shows some players with light or heavy weapons while others are focused on using the game’s drone technology to their advantage. All classes will have unlocks available, including upgrades and perks.

Where things start to get interesting is in the new systems Ubisoft Paris is working to include in the mode. There will be a sound system that marks locations on the maps where players detect a noise. Additionally, the team is adding a suppression mechanic. Now players will have more opportunity than ever to find their foes, fix them in place and move in to flank them.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; July 21st, 2017 at 08:20 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

They're also updating the helicopter physics, shooting and controls.

That's good. They were horrible. I should really finish this game. Not at all interested in PvP though.

Put several more hours into the game over the last few weeks, have definitely enjoyed it. Some notes:

1) The new helicopter controls are not perfect, but they're much improved, You can strafe!
    2) Playing with AI instead of human players makes thing much easier. No missed sync shots, no having to wait before taking off in a vehicle, no having to tag every supply 4 times, no one squadmate with no/gimped radar, gear or armor/health for immersion reasons, and no worrying about them getting spotted (AI gunshots can be heard, but the characters themselves will not be seen by enemy AI).
    3) The inability for the AI to land the chopper after you parachute out is annoying and limiting
    4) The SAM sites in high level areas are still ridiculous. Why would they be shooting at their own helicopters? They have no reason to think they've been hijacked.
    5) Driving still sucks. Basically unless you have just a large flat area between where you are and where you want to go, get a chopper or prepared to be bored/frustrated. Calling for a vehicle delivery would be a great solution, except they only want to seem to drop them on roads, so if your missions sticks you in the middle of a field you could still be a good minute or two of running from the vehicle you just requested to save yourselves 3 minutes of running.

re: 2) I don't know... being able to have one sneaky sneaky team mate (Ima Bush) go in and tag things, plant bombs, or take out individuals one at a time while others wait to cover you, or come in guns blazing is what I like best about this game. You just have to know that your friend is going to shoot on "ONE", instead of "Fire". Seriously. Who shoots on one Carlo?!?

I think it just takes patience. When Carlo and I were playing as Tag Team back again and had a plan, things went fairly smoothly. You just have to have a plan ahead of time and talk through it. Communication is 100% critical. And the fact that it doesn't alway go perfect, and you have to compromise, and change tactics on the fly is exhilarating.

But, I agree with almost everything else you said.

Dammit, I want a three-beat not a four-beat!

So... "2-1-Shoot" then?

Whatever floats your goat.

The PvP looks interesting