Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Recon: Wildlands

There was a closed door demo (described as a theater presentation, journalists didn't get to play) where it was shown that not only is the entire map open all the time, but you can also split up over it for missions.

There are setup missions for the main missions (an example given is acquiring a helicopter), and each player can do them individually, but call for backup of things go south.

They're also including AI squadmates for when 4 people can't get together.

Oh, another (optional?) setup mission was finding a snitch who will give you intel on the base. Because of doing this, all the enemies on the base were tagged when they started the main mission.

sounds pretty sick.

Depending on how far that goes, that could end up like *whispers*Freedom Fighters, where you could attack certain parts of a level in a certain order to affect what resistance you ran into on the other parts of the level. Blow up a bridge and the troop transports will stop coming with reinforcements. Blow up a helipad and the attack chopper won't be there.

But I don't want to jinx this like I jinxed Homefront...
    Get that weak shit off my track

Definitely looks like fun co-op action!!!

Like most games, I don't think I'd enjoy it playing with randoms. Even more so in this case though where you decide how you'd work as a team.

Yes, I'm requiring that Carlo put his child up for adoption.

LoL hey now -- I still play nightly, it's just in the 10 PM to 2 AM slot now!

Was watching/reading some updates on the official website, there is barely any new information, just them talking about how authentic they're going to be while still making it a game.

One tidbit that did come up was related to the side missions: if you take out a communications tower in an area, all of the bases in that area will be unable to call for reinforcements when you attack them. I'm excited about how much they can expand on that.

Things they have made no real mention of that I am hoping for:

- Character customization, from armor to clothing (including backpack!) to character appearance/sex/build. I'm not looking for anything close to Fallout 4, maybe just a few different heads and then body types that represent Rainbow Six's Low/Medium/High armor and speed (in addition to armor choices; and have players be reacted to if they show up into populated areas in full armor)
    * From what little I can glean from the screenshots that have been released/captured in videos, it looks like there is some amount of choice and customizing to the backpacks. I'm noticing different pack styles/elements, patches with names and symbols, carabiners holding what I think are flares. They could just be changing design choices rather than customizations, though.
    * I also see different clothes and hair (which may or may not mean different heads, it could just be custom hairstyles on static faces).

- Broad weapon selection + customization; full on Gunsmith style would be nice, but as long as we're not getting silly restrictions on who can carry what, and what gun can carry what scope/attachment, I'll be pleased.
    * Based on the ability to play missions in whatever way you choose, this is probably a no-brainer.

- Rifle + pistol + player choice. Since every operative seems to be wearing a nice-sized backpack, I feel like the normal two-weapon restriction should add a player choice third slot for a wildcard of sorts: small grenade launcher, SMG, drone, squad support item (extra reloads or medkits maybe?), stuff like that.

Highlights:
    - Entire game is non-linear, any mission can be done in any order. The overall goal is to destabilize the cartel, do it however you want.
    - They mention that mortar strikes and heavy artillery are an option
    - Players + AI always = 4
    - Third person view is used so you can see in your peripheral better, but you can aim down sights and it switches to first person to do that
    - "A lot of opportunity to change your physical makeup, clothes you're wearing, equipment...flares, C4, mines, grenades, different weapon types that can be augmented with a multitude of detachments." Also, Gunsmith is mentioned