Page 146 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I wish there was a working delete.
    The two-step delete function works fine on a desktop computer here, but since I was practically dragged kicking and screaming onto the smart phone era, I’ve learned that what we see on computers isn’t the same as on phone browsers.

It appears that some website functions such as PM notifications make you go looking for them on phones instead of being immediately visible on a computer monitor.

That’s a long-winded hint for Mr. Servo.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Gun Control thread, already in progress.

Administrator
    Hahah, yes, I just saw that and have responded.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I’m not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but don’t juries consider motive (why), means (how/what), and opportunity (when/where) while evaluating the accused for guilt or innocence?
    Yeah. Not an expert on law stuff either, but as far as I know, motive alone can't be used to convict somebody, right?

Prosecutors can certainly use motive to build their case...

Anyway, not interested in law stuff. All I want to know is what that boy was thinking... or perhaps that boy just wasn't think at all when he lost his mind? It'd be nice to gain more psychological understanding...

I think the point is that is he does give a motive, it is to the police/public prosecution, not to the media.
    Now they may not want to release this info at this stage. It doesnt help them. It might not help the victim or survivors.

Heck Id say we (society/media) should not be giving any airtime to the criminals, giving them fame or attention. It might encourage others.
    Id be very happy with a policy of not acknowledging the person at all.

I think they really should just do it one way or another. Forbid mentioning/publicizing his name and photo too. This half ass shroud of mystery doesn't really help anything.

For a crime committed with multiple witnesses and caught during the act, surely pleading the 5th won't help. Defense will have to find cavemen to not heard of this shooting. Families of victim and the media are just left to speculate...

I just think there must be a better way to handle the situation.

Besides more gun control, I'm just not sure what else are we doing to prevent these kind of tragedies. Before arming teachers, is there a way for the school to help prevent this kind of crap before a kid loses his mind? Is this so unpredictable that we are to just expect someday out of the blue, we just might get shot at, blown up, mowed down by some nut who cracked and there nothing society can do to help?

I just like to see lessons learned for each incident, rather than just chalked things up as that guy is a terrorist, crazy or whatever. Our society is sick, this sickness is not just in the poor backwards Middle East, but also in western societies as well. Why and how people become terrorists is something we all need to learn. Also, considering how we are so easily politically polarized, it wouldn't be hard for either side to eventually just commit some sort the act of terrorism to get rid of the other side.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 28th, 2018 at 09:06 AM.

This last one the guy used his fathers weapons. Should the father be held responsible?

Gun laws don’t help much if people don’t responsibly store weapons.

I definitely think so. Of course not to a degree of going to jail for his son's sins, but this clearly demonstrated the father's inability to assume responsibility of owning guns. So I believe his gun right should be take away.

We can't maintain gun control if owners are not required to be responsible when their firearms go missing.

If one's demonstrably irresponsible with his use of speech, religion, arms to the extent of causing other's physical harm, I think it's fair for that person to lose these rights.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    This last one the guy used his fathers weapons. Should the father be held responsible?

Gun laws don’t help much if people don’t responsibly store weapons.

Not only yes. But FUCK yes.

Junior Potato
    Australia has laws involving responsible storage of weapons. They’re strictly enforced, down to regular inspections by police at the registered owner’s property.

If the laws are breached the owner can be penalised, even if nobody has been hurt.

I think a jail sentence is appropriate - your weapons got used, you need to take some blame.
    Easy to say "the sons sins" - some, maybe many or even all, of the victims would be alive if he couldnt easily get these weapons.

Taking away his guns is hardly a punishment and deterrent for others considering lives were lost.
    A year sounds a fair amount (it was multiple weapons resulting in multiple deaths)