Page 157 of 186 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Wait, can we derail the thread for a moment to agree that Jim Jefferies is no longer funny (at least his recent stand-up act is too much even for the left-leaning folk)
    Just watched "This is me now" on Netflix, I enjoyed it. I mean, I wasn't like rolling on the floor laughing and having a hard time controlling my bladder or anything, but it was pretty good.

I guess it's just the Trump stuff; heard a (... THE?) gun control bit over the weekend, it was also pretty good (certainly not rofl)

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/Mike_Eckel/statu...37289823653888

Maria Butina, the Russian gun advocate tied to Alexander Torshin, who met repeatedly with NRA officials, has been detained, charged by US prosecutors today under FARA (!)

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I hope, genuinely hope, that the NRA goes down in flames with the rest of the shit bags. Then someone, ANYONE, puts a bill in motion that abolishes corporate lobbying, and super PACs.

Fucking assholes.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    At least to have NRA's propaganda machine shut down and not talk about owning a gun is the manliest, most Christian (however the fuck that works) thing to do

When little boys play, they like to pretend they're swinging swords and shooting guns. Not sure if it's entirely NRAs doing.

If only human can eventually outgrow wars, then maybe someday little boys will grow up thinking playing with guns are stupid...

You just made me remember our 1/2 size or so Western-style toy revolvers, which could fire off a whole roll of caps in about a minute. Think a little harder and I can remember that smell permeating our un-made-up basement.

Perhaps came from an Uncle or godmother. They were on my mother's shortlist for encouraging us to donate to charity before Christmas. In a later year my official G.I.Joe suffered that fate too. Along with a fairly big collection of knock-off [G.I. Joe] uniforms and weapons acquired mostly from Kresge's out of my measly allowance. One of my favourites was a sping-loaded medium-sized mortar. It was actually "Action Man" (G.I.Joe marketed in UK while we visited; didn't sell so stuff was cheap).

http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/action-...tar/index.html

Er, that was a real 12" G.I.Joes.
    Last edited by SportWagon; October 30th, 2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    Along with a fairly big collection of knock-off uniforms
    While I sit here right now wearing an army shirt that I think actually went to Vietnam.
    Had toy guns and my parents were ok with that - both were army officers.
    Ive fired guns (in the USA) but never had any desire to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    While I sit here right now wearing an army shirt that I think actually went to Vietnam ...
    Explain?

It’s my dads shirt. He put on weight later in life, so had a bunch of shirts from when I was a kid that didn’t fit, but he never threw them out. So I’m guessing that the shirts I still have now are from the era when he went to Vietnam.
    I own mostly tshirts, so i like these are more heavy duty shirts, doing yard work or yesterday it was playing with my fire pit.

Just contrasting the “no gun family” with someone who had a military family. Dad didn’t keep his weapon at home, well he had a couple of ceremonial swords!