Page 149 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Actually, killing people is legal nearly all the time - It just requires specific circumstances: The death penalty, in war, often if committed by a white male against a minority, and especially by police if not overwhelmingly documented to be wrongful, etc.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Common theme in mass shootings (other than guns) involves men who have a history of abuse towards women it seems.

Or frustrated men who couldn't get laid.

Doc Love's system could actually reduce mass shooting if men practice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Common theme in mass shootings (other than guns) involves men who have a history of abuse towards women it seems.
    Seems like a logical connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Or frustrated men who couldn't get laid.

Doc Love's system could actually reduce mass shooting if men practice it.
    And the first time somebody follows your "System" and fails and decides to stalk you because "The System" made them "fail"...have fun with that, fella.

It's pretty fail proof dude. Stalkers won't follow the system. Followers of system won't be stalkers.

They may not follow The System® but they will follow you. Wouldn't want you to come home and find your pet bunny boiling in a pot on the stove.

Hmmmmm.

There are thousands of examples of things that were once legal, until they weren't. Certain types of guns and accessories should be on this list IMO. There's no reason that gun laws shouldn't evolve with the times, like everything else.

While self defense and hunting are still (arguably) useful for some people. The damage caused by these weapons should have more restrictions IMO.

I see no problem with having a pistol, shotgun, or rifle. As long as it is all within reason. IMO there is no need for a magazine over 10 rounds, any special "hollow point" or other special damaging ammo, bump stocks, or any other attachments that modify guns to a dangerous level. I honestly don't know everything that is out there, but I'm sure we can put a list together.

Guns need to be registered, and have yearly fees to help cover the cost of administration.

Federal agencies shouldn't be handicapped from trying to keep track of them. It's no wonder so many things fall through the cracks.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...led-with-flaws
    https://www.thetrace.org/2016/08/atf...ble-databases/
    "The physical records, some 20,000 boxes, are then stashed away in the Trace Center building and in the parking lot, filling about 25 shipping containers. They are stored there to keep the floor inside from collapsing.

The good news is that agents usually don’t need to search the boxes by hand. The bad: The computerized system isn’t much better.

The ATF’s record-keeping system lacks certain basic functionalities standard to every other database created in the modern age. Despite its vast size, and importance to crime fighters, it is less sophisticated than an online card catalog maintained by a small town public library."

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    There are thousands of examples of things that were once legal, until they weren't.
    There are only a handful of enumerated Constitutional rights though which is what makes it difficult.

People talk about gun rights like it's normal legislation and I think that's what leads to a certain amount of frustration. Reframe it in the context of a right that you care about (to vote, for instance, what if you had to pay an annual poll tax to administer the system that enabled you to vote?) you'd feel differently. But the 2A is a right that you don't care for other people to exercise so the failure to regulate it beyond what already has been allowed seems unfair somehow.

Heller was a win for both sides really. It solidified the right to self-defense (that's what hollow points are for, etc) but also said in dicta that there is a line that doesn't need to be crossed (the reason why it's constitutional to ban full auto, etc.). Law abiding gun owners have conceded a ton in the last 50-100 years and the anti-2A crowd keeps taking. This despite the rate of gun crime and mass shootings dropping since about 1992.

I don't personally oppose magazine caps or banning bump stocks, etc. The latter being a subversive way of getting around the ban on full autos.

Compulsory gun registration and maintenance fees are a direct attack on the 2A. It's the same issue as Voter ID; putting up logistical and financial barriers to exercise a Constitutionally protected right. It's a tool of suppression.

My family and I are having a gun shoot tomorrow, first time I'll have fired a weapon since I lived in NC (2015 or so). I'm excited, should be a fun day. Akin to going to a track day together or playing a family football game.