Page 129 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Trying to compare the bodily damage of a 9mm/45 to that of a .223 is a bit silly. They're nowhere near the same level. Having personally seen the difference on two ground hogs that were unfortunate enough to get in my sights: 9mm (even with hollow points), dead, but looked "normal"; .223 equally dead, and disemboweled.

While one could certainly wreak havoc with a Beretta/pick your pistol of choice, the same situation replacing it with an AR style rifle will yield far more carnage. Not to mention, most pistols have 18-20 shot "mags" (yes, there are some extended varieties) but you can get 40-50-fucking-lot mags for a rifle. Add a drum mag, and you can just spray all over.

Not to mention a .223 will go through more materials than a 9mm, due to it's small caliber and high velocity. You could very easily wound/kill a couple people with the same shot, as it'd pass through the first person.

My thoughts:
    There's no purpose for these things to exist. But, given there are literally MILLIONS of them out there, short of a ban/buy back, fuck all will make a difference. Again, I'm not in any way advocating that NOTHING should at least be attempted, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The whole "why don't they ban knives" argument/horseshit makes me want to punch the person in the throat that uses it.

I saw that too on facebook. My response is that they should both be banned, and most everyone that wants to ban an "AR-15" wants to ban both as well. It has nothing to do with how they look.

It's amazing how pedantic/semantic/whatever gun nuts get.

I don't give a shit what you call a gun that can fire 30 rounds in a few seconds with great force and accuracy. Nor do I care if it looks like a military rifle, hunting rifle, or a fucking great big cock. Get rid of it.

My proposed US guns laws:

Anything other than revolvers, and single action (or whatever it's called when you have to manually load the next bullet via pump action, bolt action, whatever) rifles/shotguns banned for civilian ownership. No semi-automatic, or automatic. Limit number of bullets any gun to a reasonable amount (7-10 shots maybe?). Probably limit caliber too. I don't know a lot about this, but basically citizens don't need Desert Eagles or .50 BMG rifles.

Written and practical test for any kind of ownership/operation. All guns must be registered and insured. Basically a copy of the automotive world. Very serious penalties for mishandling/not reporting theft, etc.

Maybe add having a mental fitness test as well, kinda like you have to have an annual medical to be a pilot, etc.

Maybe licensed ranges may have their own "fun guns" for people to get their kicks.

People can still hunt and protect their lives/loved ones/property just fine.

If you're worried about overthrowing the tyrannical government, good luck. All the AR-15's in the world aren't going to protect you from a hellfire missile fired from a drone at 20,000 ft.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; February 26th, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

Many of the people talmbout gun violence in Chicago the same folks trying to keep their guns in case of a tyrannical gubmint. SMDH
    Many of the people who want an AR 15 for home defense are also keeping them in case that tyrranical government comes after them; with tanks, stun grenades, armor piercing rounds, water cannons and sonic/ subsonic shit we haven't even thought of.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Many of the people talmbout gun violence in Chicago the same folks trying to keep their guns in case of a tyrannical gubmint. SMDH
    Many of the people who want an AR 15 for home defense are also keeping them in case that tyrranical government comes after them; with tanks, stun grenades, armor piercing rounds, water cannons and sonic/ subsonic shit we haven't even thought of.
    AR vs Predator Drone. Good luck.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    AR vs Predator Drone.
    The comic was good, but the movie sucked.

If it takes a tyrannical dicktator to bomb the shit out of his own territory in order to take over control, that sort of defeats the purpose...

US military is unstoppable. Other than mutual assured destruction of nukes, no nation on earth will be able stop a Trump like dicktator.

It will definitely take American citizen's own guns to cause enough trouble at home in order to save the rest of the world.

If Germany had similar gun culture, it'll probably be more difficult for Nazi and Hitler... but then again, maybe all the gun owners will be very proud to see Germany becoming great again thanks to Hitler?

Anyway, luckily US was around to fight the Nazis and the Japanese. I'm just not sure what nations on earth will be able to take on USA if we were to turn bad. We are already turning...

Of course I'm not advocating for AR rifles just because of that. I think citizens with handguns should be able to cause enough troubles for the government. Considering how many freaking guns we have!

I'm not sure whether I find it amusing, or disturbing, or equal parts of both, that there is a (not so small) percentage of the US population, who steadfastly believes, that they have to protect themselves from this theoretical Tyrannical government, and that somehow, a few guns will get the job done. Like these people are hook, line and sinker deep in this belief, to the point where if you don't agree, you are a naive idiot, waiting to be taken out by the government.

I've even asked... if you think the government is tyrannical... are you going to march onto the white house with your gun, to over throw the government? How do you think that will go?

They also claim that they are willing to "fight" for maintaining their full second amendment rights. Scary fuckers.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
    I'm not sure whether I find it amusing, or disturbing, or equal parts of both, that there is a (not so small) percentage of the US population, who steadfastly believes, that they have to protect themselves from this theoretical Tyrannical government, and that somehow, a few guns will get the job done. Like these people are hook, line and sinker deep in this belief, to the point where if you don't agree, you are a naive idiot, waiting to be taken out by the government.

I've even asked... if you think the government is tyrannical... are you going to march onto the white house with your gun, to over throw the government? How do you think that will go?

They also claim that they are willing to "fight" for maintaining their full second amendment rights. Scary fuckers.
    QFT, their "logic" never holds up.

The problem is that owning a gun to them isn't about the gun itself, it's overcoming their own inadequacy, or them liking to play with dangerous toys and want certain authorities and their own local groups to tell them it's ok to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    QFT, their "logic" never holds up.

The problem is that owning a gun to them isn't about the gun itself, it's overcoming their own inadequacy, or them liking to play with dangerous toys and want certain authorities and their own local groups to tell them it's ok to do that.
    I'm not sure I'd agree. I think it's basically the equivalent of a religion. They've been raised on this fear, perhaps from their parents, the paranoia, plus they've bought into what is effectively a propaganda campaign... fear of your fellow citizens, fear of the government, fear of the Russians, fear of the Muslims.... there is a very real culture of fear, and distrust within this undercurrent. It's why the "Fake News" campaign and conspiracy theories have been so successful in this demographic, as they've been raised not to trust anything.

Fear isn't always bad though..., of course bible teaches perfect love can cast out all fear, but who is perfect like that in this world?

Why we have 3 branches of govt? Why check and balance each other? Why not trust each other. Why free speeches? Why freedom of religion?

Constitution is basically addressing all these fears.

I'm not a gun owner, but I can understand these fears.

With such fears, naturally straight bans won't help get rid of their fears...

But I'm pretty sure most gun owners don't own guns out of fear for govt, but just out of our own inadequacies..., just like owning fancy cars and other toys. Mostly emotionally driven...