Page 131 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Administrator
    In fairness, I think Dick's is doing that intentionally, they want the good press for the entire company, not just their F&S stores. I'm sure in no small part due to the backlash they will get for that stance.

Disclosure - I worked with them on their Sports Matter campaign and am inclined to think that the people who work there are good people.

Ya'll are fucked up.

On Wednesday—two weeks after a gunman killed 17 students and teachers at a school in Parkland, FL—a church in Newfoundland, PA, held a “commitment ceremony” where worshippers brought their guns to be blessed.

Parishioners at the World Peace and Unification Sanctuary brought their (unloaded) handguns and semi-automatic weapons to the ceremony. A nearby elementary school canceled classes ahead of the event.

Some of the attendees wore crowns and tiaras “representing the sovereignty of Kings and Queens.” Some of those crowns were made of bullets.

The church encouraged couples to bring AR-15 semi-automatic weapons to the ceremony to represent “both the intent and the ability to defend one’s family, community and ‘nation of Cheon Il Guk.’” The church’s leader believes AR-15s are the “rod of iron” mentioned in the Book of Revelations.

You know what? I'll put a positive spin on this: at least there's a black dude and a few Asians. These gun nuts aren't racist!

Melting Pot in action.

https://secondnexus.com/news/watch-d...df235443c1f917

President Donald Trump’s freewheeling style during a bipartisan meeting with lawmakers frustrated many Republicans after he expressed support for a “comprehensive” gun bill that would include strengthening background checks and temporarily taking guns away from individuals deemed a “high-risk” to public safety. the outlawing of “bump stock” devices and tighter age limits for buying rifles

“We want to pass something great, and to me the something great has to be where we prevent it from happening again,” Trump said, referring to the Valentine Day’s shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, which resulted in 17 deaths.

The president also appeared to support the outlawing of “bump stock” devices and tighter age limits for buying rifles similar to the one used in the Parkland shooting.

Trump then appeared to break from the NRA––which has tried to reel him in on gun control legislation––by accusing lawmakers of being so “petrified” by the NRA that they have not been willing to pass even rudimentary legislation.

“They have great power over you people,” Trump said. “They have less power over me.”

-----------------------------------------

For once, he doesn't look like a complete idiot.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    give it a day or so when he's off his meds

Even if he is not on meds and stayed that way..., it's not up to the president to pass new laws.

It's probably more like he said he's so brave and fearless unlike those sheriffs... that he would run toward the gun man even without any weapons!

Anyway, I suppose I'd probably be just as fearless if I were him... because I know before I'm able to run inside that school, secret service would've neutralized the target already.

If he can really twist the arms of enough republican lawmakers to go against the will of NRA..., good for him! But let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    Ya'll are fucked up.

You know what? I'll put a positive spin on this: at least there's a black dude and a few Asians. These gun nuts aren't racist!
    Did you know that they are only holding onto unloaded weapons and zip tied to prevent being actually used?

How stupid can they be? What if a mad man comes in with a loaded weapon? They'd still be all dead!

They might as well just be holding a literal rod of iron.

Hope they don't become the next westboro baptists. Holding these unloaded crap just to piss their neighbors off...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 1st, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post

Hmm. Where have we seen this before?

While the AR-15 is a poor choice for home defense(the whole potential for over-penetration and all), it isn't the worst choice. The worst choice for a home defense weapon would be Drew's Ass Cannon.

Drew's Ass Cannon. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to crop dust every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

If they want to ban AR-15s, they can buy them from me for what I paid for them. I’ve barely shot them and I’m not wedded to them. I don’t think they should be illegal, and despite what makes headlines, a vanishingly tiny minority of gun deaths involve AR-15s, but I really don’t care that much. But if you want to cause real change, you need to remove the guns already out there. I’m willing to give them up, but only if my property rights are respected.