Page 92 of 186 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

I have a security sign, always have.

Just the sign?

Yep. It's even lit!

I prefer the ol' shotgun-pointed-at-the-door trick.

It's messy, though.

Personally I'm of the thought that if a Criminal/Burglar were to consider the fact the home they're about to break into might be one of a gun owner they'd just be armed themselves.

Yeah, our right to bear arms ought to only be for overthrowing corrupt governments. As for self defense, people really need to also pick up more training..., just by picking up a gun, chances are, you are increasing the odds of unintended deaths and injuries...

Maybe there should some sort of different color gun hoisters as martial art belts... People can perhaps wear these 'badges' around just as homes with security signs to maybe deter crime... This should also encourage owners to take up more proper training to advance to higher/safer levels...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 20th, 2017 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    Personally I'm of the thought that if a Criminal/Burglar were to consider the fact the home they're about to break into might be one of a gun owner they'd just be armed themselves.
    Not unless something in the house is worth risking a gunfight. That 'something' generally being drugs or drug money.

Having had my house broken in to, I wasn't home. The alarm didn't deter the criminal either.

I also have been woken up at night with noises going on outside, I don't need to load my gun, because it stays loaded. I also Conceal Carry, and have taken the course. I also have shot in USPSA competitive matches.

I just wish I was home when that fucker kicked my back door in after 5 kick attempts.

I now have a doberman on top of everything else. He doesn't like strangers either.

Even with all of that under your belt. It likely wouldn't help in a real situation. I'm glad you weren't home at the time.
    Last edited by 21Kid; July 21st, 2017 at 07:41 AM.

I've been home when my house was broken into a couple of times. Once it was kids about 10:00am, they fucked off real quick. The other one was at night when they came to get the keys for the car. Came through the house and took the keys from the coffee table next to the couch where I had fallen asleep (watching CART of all things), this was about 1:00am. They then went on to use the car in a series of fairly violent armed holdups. The best defence I had was that thankfully I slept through it. If I had've woken there is nothing I could have done to defend myself even if there was a gun next to me and at best I suspect I would've had the living snot bashed out of me and at worst, well, not worth thinking about really