Page 180 of 186 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

I watched the video. Wish I didn't. It was surreal...almost like a video game. Had to stop and remind myself that this was real.

Shit.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The bits I've seen of the manifesto are basically a combination of alt-right talking points and 4/8chan style shitposting, lots of little in-jokes to those folks.
    Briefly I had the thought that 8chan could be struck from the Internet. But if it was, its members would just swarm around and quickly settle at a new location. They are highly organised and fast moving. Plus the core white supremacist groups such as Knights Templar form anchor points for these fuck wits so they’ll always have somewhere to gather.

In the manifest he notes that in his time interacting with various WS groups he saw that they were disproportionately represented by cops and members of the military. I had some idea that it was the case, but it’s certainly eye opening when it’s spelled out so clearly like this. How does a society deal with something like this?

There is a lot of speculation from psychologist etc that many of the people in front line military are sociopathic and the only reason they can function is due to the extreme training and order following they put you through.

Junior Potato
    That may be true for frontline, and frontline military may be attractive for people who want to live out certain fantasies, but not all military is in that role, and cops certainly aren’t either. So I don’t think that’s the issue here.

This article touches on a few of the tropes that online hate groups tend to follow.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...online-fascism

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

So he's been living around 1400 ft (or around a 30-40 second drive away) from my inlaws house since he's been in my city, which means i've driven past 'it' (the house, and the &$@!) many, many times.

I didn’t know you could own those types of guns in New Zealand.

Junior Potato
    They’re like Australia’s version of Canada.

I didn’t know you could own those types of guns in Canada.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    There is a lot of speculation from psychologist etc that many of the people in front line military are sociopathic and the only reason they can function is due to the extreme training and order following they put you through.
    https://www.theonion.com/army-of-one...ili-1819565913