Page 113 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

FWIW, my wife had to go through a background check for her nursing license that was (supposedly) nationwide. It cost $60.

I could only imagine what my TS clearance cost. I think it's high four-figures. It involves sending a guy around the country to interview people in person, though. I think that might be too much scrutiny.

My vote would go for gun owners paying. IMO, there should be a heavy price to pay to own a firearm. It should be difficult. This is a weapon made to end someone's life. It should be the most difficult thing to get (legal)access to.

Agreed.

Kid, are you sure you're not secretly Chris Evans? #mancrush

I mean... I have been growing out my facial hair.

me.jpg

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    My vote would go for gun owners paying. IMO, there should be a heavy price to pay to own a firearm. It should be difficult. This is a weapon made to end someone's life. It should be the most difficult thing to get (legal)access to.
    What other Constitutionally granted rights do you believe should be 'difficult' to exercise?

I think perhaps it's time to ask the NRA to finance universal healthcare... at least the mental health part of it... if they insist on it not being a gun problem, but a mental health problem. If that's indeed the problem, help fix it.

Anyone who is mentally fit enough can exercise their right to bear arms. If you are not declared mentally fit or refuse to be part of the universal healthcare, then you forfeit your gun rights. Good compromise, right?

IMO, that Constitutionally granted right needs to be amended. It was written in a different time, with vastly different needs at that time. We didn't have a Trillion dollar army, Armed reserve, Coast Guard, State Police, local police, security guards, etc... at the time to protect us. We don't all need access to AR-15s to protect our country any more. We have enough "protection" that we don't need a well-regulated militia any longer.

There were quite a few other Constitutionally granted rights from 200+ years ago I'm pretty sure many people agree is better left in the past. Times change... and so should we.

I know it's not going to happen in 'MERICA!!! But, I think placing limitations on people's access to so many weapons should be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    I'm certainly willing to pay more for background checks that are truly nationwide.
    Man, this type of things definitely reeks of a Federal crime database. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but in the spirit of Devil's Advocate convincing states much less municipalities to report to a Federal system and then convincing citizens that a national database of people and crimes is a good idea is a tough road to hoe. Like, it probably is a good idea, but fuuuuu. There are like five states that would agree.