Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Those 3 shootings in past couple of weeks showed one amazing common denominator... Super Heroes!

Yes, all 3 incidences had heroes sacrificing himself/herself which minimized deaths and injuries.

Media should report more about these super heroes rather than those losers. Hopefully those drills won't just teach kids how to be afraid, but what they can do during that end game when Thanos barges in their classrooms or anywhere else.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I like our Foreign Minister's idea, if spending the rest of one's life locked up in Rockies is enough deterrent for drug merchants, one could think that doing a John Grady stay could be reason enough for these white supremacy terrorists to think twice about gunning down a bunch of people of color.

Mexico considers litigation following El Paso massacre.

Such a legal move could lead to a request for the extradition of the gunman, Mexico’s government said. U.S. authorities have cited a manifesto they attributed to the suspect as evidence that the massacre was racially motivated.
    acket.

Most of these extremists are suicidal anyway. Not sure if they'd be able to think twice about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Most of these extremists are suicidal anyway. Not sure if they'd be able to think twice about anything.
    I bet the El Paso Douchebag starts to cry for mommy the moment he's thrown in a cell with either The Stewmaker or The Indian for company.

I know I would.
    acket.

I think that's a great idea, in an internet tough-guy, fantasy world kind of way.

And Trump would be just the guy to make it happen with an executive order. Lower the El Paso Douchebag on a rope from Marine 1 right into Mexico's prison of choice after conviction and save US taxpayers the cost of his incarceration and execution.

Internet tough-guy? Fuck!, that sounds like the next Mad Max.

Spoiler:
    Or the next Mike Judge movie, haven't made up my mind if I want a blockbuster or a buddy film.
    acket.

Well, I added that so the constitutional scholars come wouldn't rush in here and reminds me of the eighth amendment and a bunch of other reasons why this couldn't happen.

You know who you are.

But I've seen that plot at least twice - during the '00s TV series Prison Break and in pretty average (at best) Mel Gibson movie called Get The Gringo, which I think I saw on Netflix, maybe. It was highly forgettable, other than the basic plot, which is an interesting (and scary) one.

I was also reminded of a Dan Carlin Hardcore History podcast called Painfotainment (free download), which talks about the mob mentality and the desire for gruesome, public punishments and executions.

The podcast "cover" is below - I suppose it's NSFW and depicts graphic violence, but it's probably not overly horrifying to the regulars here.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by George; August 5th, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

Administrator
    That sounds like an interesting podcast. Also, fwiw, I think that cover is stylized enough that it clearly doesn't depict an actual event, but others' mileage may vary.

EDIT: Phew, it's gonna take some work to get used to that guy's voice. I ended up repeatedly tuning out, which you'd think would be hard to do when describing horrible torture.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; August 5th, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

You know the canard that says"i'm a responsible gun owner, I shouldn't be caught up in these anti 2nd amendment proposals every time there is a shooting."
    Most shooters get their guns from home. That dog don't hunt.

I was initially skeptical of Beau, but dude hits hard at the issue in a non partisan way, almost every time.