Page 181 of 186 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

That campaign always stood out to me as really backwards.

Greeks essentially used that mentality. The army of one mentality is the ideology of being a Rambo. Straight sociopathic kinda stuff in my eyes. No team, no support, just take on everything and go down in a blaze of glory.

Junior Potato
    Man, if nothing else, events like the Christchurch shooting, coupled with social media, really help you figure out who of your close friends are racist pricks

We’re really feeling it here in Australia. The main culprit was born here, and for the longest time the national immigration policy has been the hot-button issue every time an election rolls around*. The politicians and their obedient media have been dog-whistling against muslims for 20 years now. This is the latest result: a young man who took things way too seriously and now 50 people are dead, after a shooting that took place in a beautiful country that has never had to deal with this kind of thing before.

*For the Americans in the audience, take your Mexico wall. Swap the Mexicans for middle-eastern refugees, and swap the wall for the Indian Ocean, where they came via boat from south-east Asia.

RWA, sorry to hear about your "friend".

People are assholes, always have been, always will be. I'm looking at you Timothy McVeigh.

Junior Potato
    There’s more than one.

Hopefully they bury the shooters under the jail for the rest of their miserable lives.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    *For the Americans in the audience, take your Mexico wall. Swap the Mexicans for middle-eastern refugees, and swap the wall for the Indian Ocean, where they came via boat from south-east Asia.

I really wish we needed that disclaimer, but we've already had multiple attempts at banning people from predominantly Muslim countries from entering the US, so we're sadly familiar with this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Hopefully they bury the shooters under the jail for the rest of their miserable lives.
    It'd be nice if they would just airdrop the guy into ISIS controlled territory, and let them deal with him.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah i've been trying to avoid reading comments about the shooting, as there's actually a scary amount of racist fuck no hopers that either support it, or go off in other directions that aren't right. A massive amount more on Aussie social media/news websites comments than i've seen from NZ, but still a scary number from NZ too.

I had a great idea the other day, with all these talks about going back to the moon etc i reckoned that we should send all racists to the moon to 'colonize' it, and give them big screen tv's and livestream the footage of the racists, who turn that racism into murders, getting a one way trip to the sun. Be a great way to make the world a little nicer for a while.

Major businesses and corporations here are now also pulling advertising from Twitter, Facebook and Youtube because those platforms don't do more to stop hate speech, spread of violent videos and more. Sadly i don't think much will be done about it, but oh well.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/chr...manding-change

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so um....what's wrong with Colorado? I mean Florida has some crappy stuff too, but Colorado seems to have a lot of these shootings!