Page 102 of 186 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Like I said, my suggestion is to designate gun zones... like smoking zones. Your home, your trunk and publically decleared areas such as hunting grounds or shooting ranges are all free for people to take and show and play with their guns.

However, if you're caught with a gun in a no gun zone, without any permit, then you can be gunned down by law enforcement or arrested... which ever the blue lives decide to do.

I wonder if that's a good compromise for both sides.

Well, considering the hotel where that guy mowed down hundreds of people from has a no weapons policy, I don't think your no gun zone idea really holds a lot of water.

One thing I am kind of interested in though is how it seems that there's no outward motive for what he did, but his father was a notorious bank robber. Genetics at play here?

We just need to send a message that law enforcement will assume and treat you as a mass shooter if you're seen with a gun in no gun zones. Violators who are not shot right away will also face severe penalties worse that drunk driving... of course outlaws won't care but this should at least limit regular gun loving joes somehow...

Anyway, with regard to this specific incident, it is mind boggling how this guy was able to set everything up all by himself. He also didn't seem like your typical loner... he actually sent his gf away and gave her chunk of cash to just stay at Philippines... clearly he's not somebody who no longer gives a damn....

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    of course outlaws won't care but this should at least limit regular gun loving joes somehow...
    So you're admitting that what you're suggesting won't reduce gun violence at all... Ok, so what's the point here again?

Point is to not having to amend constitution and at the same time allow cops to treat people with guns on public grounds as 'outlaws' right away. Citizens who see guns can also report right away as if seeing a drunk driver.

Right now if we see people carrying guns, there's really nothing we can do.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 5th, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

Right... But it actually was outlawed to have guns at this particular establishment... However it still resulted in 60 people dying and hundreds more being shot. Sooooooo........

So, how much do you get paid to argue with Billi? Because I sure as shit won’t do it for free.

Not trying to argue, but to come up with possible solutions to help keep our streets safer without having to touch the 2nd amendment...

Hotel banning guns in their hotels isn't quite the same as Congress banning guns in no-gun zones.

If I were a Mandalay Bay patron and saw guns prior to this incident, I'd just mind my own business.

However, if we all have the mentality that only outlaws carry guns in no gun zones, then we increase the odds of detecting them before incidents happen.

For those who really wish to carry weapons anywhere, they just need to go thru special annual training.

Anyway, need to know the motive(s) and how this late incident was accomplished before we can really think of ways to prevent this from happening in the future... or at least minimize them...

Billi, your arguments are absurd.

Anyway, moving on, now the NRA is supporting banning bump stocks. This is such bullshit though... So now they get to say "Look, we made new gun laws, we fixed the problem," when all they did was ban one accessory that was only used in one mass shooting recently.

Fuck this.