Page 115 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Ah sorry if I was unclear, I'm only referencing the Las Vegas shooting, 546 victims inside of ten minutes.

Fair. I read 'harm' as 'kill.' My mistake. Strike my accusation of your hyperbole, in this instance.

Yep no worries, I don't debate for a living so my language/specifics can certainly be inaccurate.

No. No. People who debate for a living habitually use language which is inaccurate and/or fallacious.

^ An anti-intellectual generalization. Eliminates precision and promotes obfuscation ensuring we always have something to fight about instead of solving problems.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    The thing is, this sort of thing already is possible. State boards of nursing conduct state and federal background checks through the FBI. My wife paid $60 for hers (admittedly about 15 years ago) so, contrary to Kid’s wishes, it need not be onerously expensive.

I don’t think you need some national crime database, just enough funding to staff up the FBI to conduct timely, thorough (at least as thorough as the ones for nursing licenses) background checks for firearm purchases. Do that plus tie up some loose ends in reporting (both require reporting in some cases where it isn’t now, as well as work on compliance where it alread is required) and you’ve got something that has high levels of support even among gun owners that will do far more to reduce gun violence than banning semiautomatic rifles.
    Good options. If other things worked, or were allowed, I honestly wouldn't care who owned guns. I just mentioned the price as one possible deterrent to the sheer number of them out in circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    Kid - genuinely curious: what other rights do you think we should no longer have?
    See: what Carlo said.

I'M 'BOUT TO INDIEGOGO THE SHIT OUTTA THESE!!! OHHHHHH YEAH!

panels.jpg

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW LINE OF HALF-HEIGHT FLAG POLES!!!... WHY???....... BECAUSE WE NEVER PUT THE FLAG AT THE TOP ANYMORE ANYWAY!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!

There were quite a few other Constitutionally granted rights from 200+ years ago I'm pretty sure many people agree is better left in the past.
    I was asking for details on this quote.

I humbly submit the 3rd Amendment.