Page 145 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1857

Thread: Gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    When you overthrow a government you get to pick a new one. The government overthrows itself every four years. But the last time they picked a new one they put a tangerine potato in the big office.

Is that really a right that we can trust them with?
    Only if one truly believes all men are created equal. Of course we all know southern rednecks are probably worse than the animals Trump was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    But you know you can overthrow a corrupt government - just costs you a hundred or so kids each year for this right.
    That’s the price of Freedom!
    Just like we experience auto accident deaths after we invented the autos. at least we can agree on benefits of autos, but looks like we just can't agree on gun benefits... so let's just agree to disagree on that.

With that said, gun problems in America is not just caused by this constitutional freedom, but also by our lack of proper control. Gun is a powerful tool. Great power comes with great responsibility. Owners have not all been very responsible and govt also doesn't have enough money or will to enforce existing laws properly.

Lastly, even without guns, weapons of mass destruction could be vans or whatever they can find or make... our society is just sick.

Probably need another thread the discuss possible reasons why more and more folks are going nuts...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 19th, 2018 at 02:26 PM.

Administrator
    I wish there was a working delete.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; May 24th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    hey, new school shooting in Santa Fe, 8 kids dead so far
    So sad that this is hardly even a story now. 😢

Unlike the Vegas shooting, the dude didn't die. I wonder why we still don't know what's the motive behind the attack.

Junior Potato
    Because it takes years for the judicial process to do its thing.

Judicial process? That is only to find whether if that person is guilty or not guilty, right? Judges and jurors aren't looking for motives...

I can understand investigations of dead mass shooters might take a while to piece together the puzzle, but they captured a live one! But of course judicial process does give him the right to not talk...

But who the duck decides to be a mass shooter and then worry about being convicted later on? If he's really that chicken about serving time, he shouldn't do the crime!

Anyway, a lot of these mass shootings just plain don't make sense.

Junior Potato
    Neither do your posts.

But nothing is fact until the entire thing makes it’s way through the courtroom.

You know, I didn't commit suicide nor am I locked up, if there's anything you don't understand about my post, you could ask me to clarify. If you don't care to know because we just fundamentally don't agree, I also have no problems to just leave it at that.

Personally, if theres something I don't understand, unless it's jus super complicated that my little brain just can't figure out anyway..., I'd want somebody explain it to me. The killer is right there, does he have anything to say? Usually these types have a lot to say...

Btw, we can have a hung jury, then what? He could also come out of it presumed innocent if the prosecution screws something up. I'd just like the killer's own words as fact please.

We quickly learned about that Canadian van mass mower's stupid motives, just wondering why it's taking extra long in the US.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 27th, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Judicial process? That is only to find whether if that person is guilty or not guilty, right? Judges and jurors aren't looking for motives...
    I’m not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but don’t juries consider motive (why), means (how/what), and opportunity (when/where) while evaluating the accused for guilt or innocence?