Page 53 of 186 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

Or a spacious bench seat before hiring a hooker?

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Or a spacious bench seat before hiring a hooker?
    Why would you need that when all you really need is a shovel and a cornfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are gun owners regulated as well as drivers?
    Not even close. Many/most states do not require a 'license' to purchase or own a gun. The last one I bought (a shotgun), took all of about 10-15 minutes from walking in the door to walking out with the gun. Handguns often have an associated waiting period, but I think that is a state thing.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Why would you need that when all you really need is a shovel and a cornfield?
    You raise a good point. I guess it depends on how you're feeling on that particular night.

Still, I think the point is proven that you need to have some credentials to get a hooker.

And by "credentials" you mean cold, hard cashish, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    We don't know the real story.

Maybe the kid found an unknown gun owned by a grand father who's long gone?

Gun control isn't just government's responsibility.

Just as if a granny backed out of a driveway and ran over her grand kid, doesn't mean we need to make a push to ban cars.
    An unknown gun owned by someone long gone... Under a pillow?? "So that's why that pillow felt so hard all these years!"

Yes, gun control is the government's responsibility. The government has a responsibility to keep people safe from all kinds of threats, and they do, just not guns.

No, if she backed over her kid in the driveway, we shouldn't ban cars. Cars are primarily a method of transportation, and they only kill people when used in an accidental or nefarious way. Guns don't have another primary use. They are pretty much just made to kill things. If I could drive a gun to work and it wasn't expressly designed to fire little pieces of lead out of the end of it at fatal velocities, I'd say, hey, maybe let's keep the guns. They help us get to work. But they don't, do they?

There's a reason no one bats an eye when I show up to work in my car, but they'd be scared shitless if I came to work with a gun.
    Last edited by Sad, little man; May 11th, 2016 at 05:25 PM.

As of next summer, there are going to be a lot of guns at my work. Its one of the stupidest things ever.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/...-in-classrooms
    -Formerly Stabulator

Students, alcohol and guns. What could go wrong?

JFC I hate this guy.

https://us.yahoo.com/gma/george-zimm...opstories.html

George Zimmerman Auctioning Gun He Used to Kill Trayvon Martin

The auction goes live at 11 a.m. ET today with bids starting at $5,000. Almost 50,000 have visited the page, according to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    As of next summer, there are going to be a lot of guns at my work. Its one of the stupidest things ever.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/...-in-classrooms
    I'm sorry.
    Good thing we now have bullet-proof backpacks for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    An unknown gun owned by someone long gone... Under a pillow?? "So that's why that pillow felt so hard all these years!"

Yes, gun control is the government's responsibility. The government has a responsibility to keep people safe from all kinds of threats, and they do, just not guns.

No, if she backed over her kid in the driveway, we shouldn't ban cars. Cars are primarily a method of transportation, and they only kill people when used in an accidental or nefarious way. Guns don't have another primary use. They are pretty much just made to kill things. If I could drive a gun to work and it wasn't expressly designed to fire little pieces of lead out of the end of it at fatal velocities, I'd say, hey, maybe let's keep the guns. They help us get to work. But they don't, do they?

There's a reason no one bats an eye when I show up to work in my car, but they'd be scared shitless if I came to work with a gun.
    He really said that? Actually I guess I shouldn't be surprised. That's about on par with his normal leaps of logic.