Page 61 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    Guns are illegal in Mexico except for military and law enforcement. Most black market guns in Mexico are from the U.S. That black market would be dramatically reduced if we got rid of private gun ownership in the U.S.

I'm not saying that I necessarily want private ownership banned. I just think that we need a bit more sanity on who's allowed to have guns and better controls on transfers of ownership and I'm finally coming around to the idea of banning semi-autos with significant capacities.
    There would still be a great demand in their black market, US manufacturers would find a way to get them down there, unless manufacturing was cut off here.

Yeah came in here to post this: Mexico gets their guns from America, they do not provide guns to their citizens.

But it doesn’t matter: human beings can produce fully-automatic guns with a hammer, anvil, a small fire and pot metal. You do not need a 3D printer, specialized parts or equipment.

It might not fire 10,000 rounds reliably but it will function.

Nice thing about guns is that they discourage making explosives from a home depot run!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Think of it this way...

Could the Orlando tragedies be prevented or minimized somehow with stricter gun control laws?

Those things happened because we didn't have strict enough laws?

If that's true, then I'm all for stricter laws.

If that's not true, then we're tackling the problem the wrong way.
    What if stricter gun laws would not have prevented Orlando, but would have, say, massively cut the number of gun deaths recently in Chicago, and prevented the murder of the professor at UCLA? Or is it that if stricter gun laws wouldn't prevent this one specific tragedy, then they are not worth pursuing?

(Coming from the angle that it appears countries with stricter gun laws are not spared from incidents like this, but that incidents both large and small are fewer and farther between, per capita).

Heh, people that say "gun control wouldn't have stopped such-and-such tragedy" to them I say: so fucking what? Ban 'em anyway.

I do not give two tin shits for your case of gun-boner.

But what about a bone-gunner?

Well then you wouldn't know which way to turn, I guess.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Don't drag us into YOUR mess! When ze germans wanted to help us have the capabilities to mass produce guns and ammo you were quick to threaten us with (another) invasion. Something about us wanting to have that half of our territory back.
    acket.

Not just talking about cases of gun boners, just that bans don't work in general.

It didn't work for alcohol, drugs, prostitution and lots of things that may be boner related.

Anyway, just can't ban things and expect that to solve your problem. You also likely to create a new set of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    But it doesn’t matter: human beings can produce fully-automatic guns with a hammer, anvil, a small fire and pot metal. You do not need a 3D printer, specialized parts or equipment.

It might not fire 10,000 rounds reliably but it will function.
    Honestly, it's harder to make reliable center fire ammunition then the funds that fire it.

However, bans would make things difficult for lone wolf nut jobs who don't have concrete connections to criminal and/or terrorist organizations. Well, maybe in a country that doesn't have enough weapons and ammunition to last centuries, anyway.