Page 83 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Considering there's legally one gun for every man, woman and child in the country, do we really need people getting more?

I've always been a fan/lover of guns, I even own a couple (note, couple), but they're locked in a safe in IN, I have no purpose for one here.

But I digress. My point: I personally know 11 people that have at least 10 guns each (a couple (including my father) with 30+). Are they all assault rifles? No. As far as I'm aware, non of my friends/family have one. It's mostly shotguns and handguns (with exception to a few hunting rifles in the mix). Thus, you have to ask, how many is enough? I know there are collectors that buy soley for the purpose of doing so, with no intention of using for any reason (hunting).

But, in all honesty, if they said "fuck it, we're done making any more new ones" and when the existing stock on FFA shelves are gone, that's it, I wouldn't be too upset (cue the barrage).

But, we all know that will never ever happen.

Then there's all the bullshit about X person (Hillary) wanting to repeal the 2nd amendment, and the govment gonna take all your guns (that you lawfully own). Which, is total bullshit.

But, until Congress stops sucking the NRA's dick, absolutely nothing will ever change. As mentioned before, if a dozen GRADE SCHOOL CHILDREN getting massacred doesn't do something, nothing will.

I wonder about the magnitude of event that would be required for some people to wise up. How many? A dozen children? Been done I believe. Didn't do damn shit. 30 people? Been done too. A hundred people? Twenty schools, all attacked by white Christians wielding AR15's across multiple sites, killing a hundred children and two dozen teachers? A whole school lined up in the gym and gunned down with legally bought firearms? That many people die regularly every week across the country and it does fuck all.

Perhaps these Senators and congressmen need to be personally affected? It's easy to not realise the damage gun laws (or lack of them) are causing when you can just turn the page or tap your iPad to read something else. Perhaps if these people's grand children, sons and daughters were mercilessly gunned down by a mentally ill psychopath with legally bought assault rifles and hand guns would they then say 'enough!'?

Gabby Giffords shot at her own political rally a few years ago.

no changes.

also people steal cars and sell them all the time but right no one ever gets illegal cars or anything. They also modify them ignoring the laws.

Thumbs up

I just don't understand why people defend the status quo... and don't demand better.
    How is anyone okay with the magnitude of gun-related deaths we have in the US?

I only used cars as an example because others like to compare the # of deaths caused by driving, when trying to make gun arguments.
    But, there are also a lot of other comparisons we can draw from that data too.

Car theft has declined dramatically (96% {2000 in 1990 to 88 cars in 2013} in NYC) because of new technology.

Automobiles have added a lot of safety features to keep people safe. Airbags, crumple zones, infant car seats, hell even seat belts weren't mandatory before '68. Yet people drive more miles, on more crowded roads, faster, and with less fatalities(per mile) due to these improvements.

New guns should have smart features to make them safer too, such as RFID or biometrics. Adding smart features to guns would likely deter theft and prevent accidental death.

People should need to be licensed to buy a gun.
    Guns should be registered to the owner.
    You should have to be a certain age to purchase a gun, like 21. And they definitely shouldn't be marketed towards kids.
    mainimage.jpg
    I'd prefer that everyone take a training course too. But, if you can pass a test and are competent, I can understand why it wouldn't be needed. Just like a driving test.

There are limitations put on other things that cause unintentional harm. There should be a similar minimum bar for an instrument of death.
    And they should be nation-wide. Headlines like these make me sick.

It Took Us Just 38 Minutes To Buy An AR-15 In Orlando
    Purchasing a killing machine, even after a national tragedy, is just too easy.

The gun laws in Chicago do no good when you can cross the border into IN where a 13 year old can buy a gun.

Can't buy beer, cigarettes, adult magazines, lottery tickets, etc... but a gun? Eff yeah!!!

I'm not saying it'll stop everything. But, it's a start. And it's better than just saying Fuck it, there's nothing we can do.
    You'd think that a tool designed to kill things would deserve a lot more respect than they currently do.
    Last edited by 21Kid; August 12th, 2016 at 07:32 AM.

a 13 year old can not legally buy a gun in Indiana. much like minimum wage laws if a state doesn't have specifics it defaults to the federal restrictions.

https://www.cabelas.com/assets/produ...egs_online.pdf

So the sale in that video is illegal.

You can buy a car without being licensed. you can't register it but you can go buy one.

Hmmm, I could be wrong but this site indicates there's no minimum age restriction for an unlicensed seller when selling a long gun to another individual, however possession thereafter may have been illegal.

But that's not really the point.

You must be 18 in MO to buy a gun, 21 to buy a handgun. Fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    You must be 18 in MO to buy a gun, 21 to buy a handgun. Fwiw
    OMG, how can you live in such a fascist state?!?!
    Whoomah!

It's tough at times. But we look at Kansas and laugh. Both from the shear sadness the state is in, and because we aren't Kansas.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Same in IN, the last I knew. EXCEPT: you can get a carry permit when you're 18.

So, can legally carry a handgun at 18, but not actually buy one, or ammo for it, til 21.

Bravo.