Page 94 of 161 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/am...-gun-violence/

Is America’s national Thoughts and Prayers Strategy (TAPS) no longer working? This is a troubling possibility to consider, but it may be time to ask the question.

Politicians, members of the media, and of course the public, quickly responded to the recent horrific shooting of several people during a baseball game in Alexandria, Va., including U.S. Congressman Steve Scalise, with a flurry of “thoughts & prayers”. President Donald Trump himself immediately assisted in TAPS efforts with his own tweet indicating that he too was doing his part by thinking about the victims and mentioning them in any communications he had with God.

Unfortunately, there is growing evidence that TAPS may not be delivering the results we would expect from appealing to an omniscient and all-powerful deity. For example, in spite of the well-executed TAPS implementation following the Alexandria incident, there was almost immediately afterwards another tragic shooting in a San Francisco UPS facility, killing two. Cleary something is amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    So far they are saying he bought them legally. Though it sounds like he modified them to be automatic. Which basically goes back to your point. They will just state that he modified them illegally to make them automatics weapons and that there is already a law for that and criminals gonna criminal.

Except if it wasn't legal for him to buy the guns that he could modify then it would be much much harder for him to do what he did. But whatever, another white dude kills a bunch of people and again nothing will happen. 2nd Amendment!
    Is it too heartless of me to note the irony in the fact that the people that were attacked, being at a country music concert, were probably the same people that would be defending the right to own guns? I guess I'm just really curious about the motives here, why attack a country music concert in this way?

Yes, clearly God wants us to DO something about it and not just pray our problems away.

Yeah, Trump hotel was probably spared thanks to this large crowd of country music fans....

Yes, by all means, thoughts and prayers, rather than starting what will be the work of generations to reduce the massive personal arsenal of weapons.

Platitudes and hollow phrases are easy. Making changes actually takes some work, and thought.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    also, I really do hate it when they kill themselves after.... I'd rather we can study to find out motive/level of crazy, and second, if you were going to do that, why not do that first!
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

just like suicide bombers..., either they're forced to do it or they just don't give a damn anymore... and wish to go out with a bang.

I think besides gun control laws, we also need to reform some sort of media type laws. Media needs to be regulated to stop publishing names and photos of these mass murderers and giving these stupid or mentally sick folks anymore notoriety. Besides gun control... also some sort of notoriety control too. These folks should just be reported as loser in Vegas or something. No need to encourage any more of these folks to want to break any 'records'. But of course, for those who don't really give a damn, making them nameless probably won't matter much... sigh...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 2nd, 2017 at 01:28 PM.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    This would not have happened if the concert security had allowed guns in. That's all I'm saying.

Or, you get a complimentary Glock with your checkin.

GUNS GUNS GUNS, all the world's evils would be cured if we had more.

I absolutely LOOVE the fact that they're already saying "this is not terrorism", because, you know, white guy.

Please, fuck off.

Aside from 9/11, well, you know the rest...

Again, get fucked twice

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think they should have two designations...."terrorism" and "organized terrorism"
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com