Page 97 of 186 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

These two sum up my feelings on it nicely.

Of course, I would never dare post these to facebook, lest I be flooded with comments about "DUH LIBERALS", false equivalencies, strawman arguments and sputterings of "BUT I DO SPORT SHOOTING!"

Don't forget the car death equivalent one of my friends responded with. He also said "the world is scary... get over it."

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Would you guys support sales of guns to someone like me who suffers from dysthymia, where would the line be drawn for mental health issues?
    acket.

The "it's a tool" argument is so fucking maddening. I mean, I probably said it ten times in this thread over the years, but it bears repeating: a gun is definitely a tool--a tool that serves one purpose, to kill a living thing. A car exists to do dozens of things, while having the potential to kill. A knife does a dozen things, while having the potential to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Would you guys support sales of guns to someone like me who suffers from dysthymia, where would the line be drawn for mental health issues?

Now that I've googled that... I think that's a question for psychologists to answer. If I'm getting too personal I apologize, but when I hear "severe depression" I think that suicide is distinct possibility, while shooting up others is, while very remote, still a possibility. But I don't know shit about the subject, and won't pretend to.

I think we know enough about us to not take it as a personal attack. It was a rhetorical question. I seriously wouldn't know.
    acket.

And as it was explained to me, it's not severe but long lasting depression. I think it's official name reflects that.
    acket.

Fair enough. Which means we need to ask a professional. Preferably one not paid off by the NRA.

I think if a patient has a condition that makes one want to consult any mental health professional for permission, it should be an automatic 'no gun for you'!

Unless we can really monitor and take care of the mental health of ALL Americans, continue to allow citizens to bear arms is just asking for more trouble down the road.

Maybe NRA can be modified to become gun custodians or something... they can open up gun safes or ranges or designated hunting areas to allow gun owners to play with their guns and to help keep them safe. The only time can owners take their guns outside of these areas is when the NRA decides to form a militia of their own to overthrow the US government! This way we don't have to interrupt gun sales and our streets should be safer. Plus, if we really need to overthrow Donald Trump, we know where to go get our guns!

If you just absolutely HAVE to carry weapons on the streets, then become a police or secret service or some sort of authorized security personnel.

Anyway, hopefully gun loving Americans will wise up soon...