Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    In the spirit of random video games (as this doesn't appear to be purely news related), anybody else pick up anything interesting from the latest Steam sale?

I've found myself surprisingly addicted to Cook, Serve, Delicious: one of those time management games but I guess is an updated remake of an early Playstation title. I usually like these types of games as a way to pass the time for some reason and this one is pretty much the cream of the crop.

Also picked up Grim Fandango Remastered, Homeworld Remastered, Valkyria Chronicles (so far hasn't totally held my interest, but the graphical style is absolutely fantastic, looks like super high quality hand drawn animation but is all rendered), Dirt Rally (which I still haven't installed since I don't have my wheel hooked up at the moment), Project CARS, and X-Plane 10.

Yeah the Steam sale and other competition really had me pull out the wallet just because "goddamn that's cheap".

On Steam I got:
    Metro Redux Bundle @ $10
    The Talos Principle @ $14 - SUPER good and underrated IMO. I have to play it some more, but it's a fantastic first person puzzler like Portal. And it has a really cool philosophical story structure behind it.
    Hotline Miami @ $1.50
    Please Don't Touch Anything @ $2.50 - this is a really unique, clever game. Reminds me of a Kongregate game, which probably isn't the best compliment. But it's fun.
    Dirt Rally @ ~$26.

And then on Greenmangaming I picked up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City for $5 each plus another 25% off. Couldn't pass that up. I actually threw in Arkham Knight because that was also discounted and would complete the trilogy.

Administrator
    I'd been wondering about Talos Principle but knew basically nothing about it. I'll have to remember that for the next sale.

Junior Potato
    I got Antichamber (another portal-esque puzzler but way harder and weirder) and Kill The Bad Guy on either Humble or GOG, I forget which site.

I very highly recommend Antichamber. It's still on sale for a couple of bucks. Or, a couple dollars as you guys would say it, since I paid in USD.

We definitely use the term "bucks" here as well.

Junior Potato
    True, but it was the omission of the word 'of' in that phrase that I was hoping to highlight.

I've noticed it a couple of times.

I'd say it gets used interchangeably here. It usually comes out of my mouth as "a coupla bucks."

Junior Potato
    Yeah I'm guilty of that too, but I'd never type it in a formal situation. It's definitely an American thing to formally drop the 'of'. I've seen it in car and video game articles.

Junior Potato
    Me randomly cruising Steam, I spot a game, the game intrigues me, I search it on Google, I find a review which tells me it's passable (not overwhelmingly positive like Steam tells me) but hey at least I land on the game's website and find its really sweet soundtrack.

Click this text if you like things.