Page 81 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Administrator
    I feel like we've already had a ton of false starts with "we made a pretty good gaming PC as a console" thing. For me, that's a middle ground that ends up not really having the benefits of either side. Consoles are cheaper and "just work" (though given that it seems like every time I start up my PS4 or XBone I sit through tons of updates makes that not quite accurate), while a good PC is easily customizable and upgradeable. This sorta has neither benefit.

Junior Potato
    There was a limited time demo for Devil May Cry 5 available on Xbone. It may have been removed by now but go check anyway.

I thought it was great, with good action and snappy, funny one-liners.

I might be sold on the game, despite never having played any DMC titles before

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I have a few reasons why I game less than I used to. One is that I feel like I'm wasting time on it when I could be more productive elsewhere.

I also get cramping in my hands when using a controller too often. Also, many games just take too long to get me involved in, I'd prefer simpler, faster games.

If I was retired and had non-stop free time, however I'm sure I'd be going back to playing more games.

I don't game as much because it used to be a voice chat with you guys, and now it isn't. It's a bunch of people 10-15 years younger who want to take it very seriously or be complete jackasses, and sometimes both at the same time.

Administrator
    Something that wasn't mentioned the article but comes up a lot for me - a lot of the time I've got other things going on, like I'm helping Michele with dinner or something. Online means you can't really pause, so it's tough for me to play anything that I can't just pause or quit any time I want.

But yeah, online FPSs are a thing of the past for me. I just don't have the time to put in the practice, and it's annoying just getting your ass handed to you by someone shouting epithets.

Junior Potato
    WwooooowwwwoooooWWWW

Bungie has split from Activision and will self-publish Destiny from here-on.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

I pre-purchased Ace Combat 7. It’s the first new game I bought since Destiny 2. I was hovering over Trials: Rising, but did not pull the trigger yet. Anthem tempted me as well. I think I will wait to see reviews on Anthem.
    Last edited by Cam; January 15th, 2019 at 10:02 AM.

Curious to hear how you like it. My hands are full right now so I think I'm going to wait for the first price drop on it. And I've been waiting for what feels like a year. Just not enough hours in the day.