Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Junior Potato
    Dunkey’s video on it is hilarious.

I'm thinking of getting Celeste. I've been avoiding a lot of retro style platformers because the trend is for higher difficulty rogue-like gameplay. So far this game looks fun and more relaxed (until the end of the game at least).

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/01/25/celeste-review

Junior Potato
    I bought Celeste. I’ve done the opening chapter.

It’s tough, but it’s not Dark Souls tough. It’s rewarding, kinda like how the medium difficulty stages in Mario Bros treat you.

That’s just the first chapter though. There are no enemies. It’s all about the moves (which you learn very quickly, and build upon themselves to create advanced techniques) and avoiding spikes and death traps!

I’ve died 89 times so far!

Buy it because it’s definitely worth it.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DelSolMan View Post
    Not sure which one is more frustrating. This one or the one where you're sitting in that cauldron with a hammer

https://kotaku.com/getting-over-it-i...-to-1819219469

Played it for 10 minutes because I got dared to. It was painful.

I did like the motivational quotes and music to mock you when you fall.
    At least Getting over It is straightforward...Trap Adventure 2 is just a massive troll game

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I’ve died 89 times so far!

Buy it because it’s definitely worth it.
    Regarding Celeste. Commenting to add:

It’s NOT a relaxing game! The third chapter ends with a sequence that’s just as thrilling as the difficult speed-runny parts of my personal favourite Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS.

My death count is now in the hundreds.

It’s white-knuckle stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Should I get into Monster Hunter World?
    Yes
    Start a new thread and report back.
    I'm hesitating because i know I'll love it and the weather will start getting good soon... then again there's still two or three months for me to put in 40-80 hours ...

I got Celeste. I don't mind dying over and over again because of tough platforming but for some reason I get stressed when someone is chasing me. Question in spoilers...

Spoiler:
    When the mirror breaks and that purple version of you chases you around... does that continue for much longer? I know I can turn on assist mode but I really just want to get past this mechanic.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by DelSolMan View Post
    Question in spoilers...
    Spoiler:
    It only lasts for a few rooms, and you’re near the end of the level where you can finally breathe. But it’s not the only boss section - the next one is a fair bit harder!

Note that purple Madeline exactly follows your movements, so use this against her by stalling to give yourself extra time to do a tricky jump.

Wow good tip. Thanks Apeman!

Wow, this is such an incredible race.

Can't remember if it was someone here that got me watching his videos, or if I just found them from the recommended stuff, but he's become one of my favorite Youtubers. His VR stuff, as he commentates, really awesome. He's very entertaining.
    He also goes back and plays the old GTs and other games sometimes. He was doing a run-through of Burnout 3 the other day, brought back a lot of memories