Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

DL'd Defense Grid 2 on XBL. Neat little game.

I liked the first one. DL'd the 2nd, but haven't tried it yet.

Been playing Tropico 5 on the PS4, since that was free.

Battleborn is $40 today at Amazon. It looked fun from what I saw.

Ooooh, this could be fun. My son likes watching me play Diablo III. This might be something we can get in on together.

The New Skylanders Game is Like Diablo For Kids

Oh, nevermind. You still have to buy useless crap to play it.
    The process begins with a new class of toys known as Creation Crystals. Tuned to one of the ten different elements—Life, Undead, Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Magic, Tech, Light and Dark—placing a Creation Crystal on the game’s portal begins the character creation process.

Junior Potato
    Just when everyone thought the TTL genre was dead because Disney* pulled the plug on Infinity.

*Never mind that they only made a bajillion dollars in it, when they really wanted a gazillion-bajillion dollars.

The xbone has been shoving Ori and the Blind Forest in my face for months and I kept thinking about buying it but never did. Just saw Dell has the new "Definitive Edition" for $20, $10 back in a Dell gift card. Couldn't say no.

Anyone played it? It looks beautiful. The girl and I really enjoyed Never Alone and they seem to some degree similar. I don't mind a little calm now and again.

Junior Potato
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresurrection!

I just watched this really good pair of videos.

Ben Heck (famous for making amazing portable versions of home consoles) opens up the fabled Super Nintendo PlayStation prototype and somewhat fixes its CD ROM drive, gets audio working again.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is making the jump to current-gen consoles this week, Activision has announced.

Starting today, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 are available digitally for PS4 via the PlayStation Store and for PC via Steam. Additionally, both games will be available for Xbox One owners via the Xbox Games Store on July 28.
    yay!!!

While each game can be purchased individually for $40, Activision is also offering a Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Bundle that gets you both games for $60.
    really? My son was just playing UA2 on the 360 last weekend. I guess we'll keep playing it there.

I loved Ultimate Alliance, though I never played the second one as it was really hard to get hold of over here for some reason. I've been checking out reviews and it seems that the PC versions are poop from a butt. Also - £32 each? Nooooooooooooooooope.

It was decent... A little watered down. But, I thought it was pretty good.

And there were some really weird character choices. I don't even know who Penance was before this game (still don't). And Songbird... really? And only the Nanite version of Nick Fury, there's no option for his normal costume.

Also duh...
    In both cases, you won't mistake these games as modern ones--their visuals aren't up to par with something you'd expect to see released in 2016. They do look better than the original versions (which were released in 2006 and 2009, respectively), though you're going to be disappointed if you had your expectations set high.