Page 90 of 125 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Female Masturbatory Aid
    After 6 months of RDR2 (I'm at about 98.9% complete, lame ass challenges), I fired up the PC again with Anno 1800. Having never played any of Ubi's "Anno" games before, I have no clue what to expect.

I thought a city-builder would be a good break from shooting people and horses.

Junior Potato
    I spent $2100 on a gaming PC and $1 on Game Pass for a month

So this evening I spent my time playing Metro Exodus in all of its ray-traced glory using an Xbox controller

Something-something, PC master race...

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    I think the Wal-Mart must have had the C64 emulator for much less then $99, too. Because I don't remember that much hesitation regarding eventually buying it, although I did in fact delay, thinking I could think about it for a couple of weeks. At $49 I might get one, and maybe one for the tireless underpad installation guy in the next office, too.

But $99 seems too much.
    Well, the C64 Mini came down to $29.99 so I bought one.

The fine print does say so, but the miniature keyboard is non-functional, but you can use a USB keyboard. I didn't really have time to actually play games yet.

Either Wal-Mart expected to make a big killing on the retro-gaming market (which turns out to be meagre, or at least stingey), or they're taking a bit of a bath now.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I spent $2100 on a gaming PC and $1 on Game Pass for a month

So this evening I spent my time playing Metro Exodus in all of its ray-traced glory using an Xbox controller

Something-something, PC master race...

Exactly....

Now I want to make a new PC, even though this one is barely a year old....

Inside is the free Game With Gold right now. Really interesting yet disturbing and confusing.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Just like my first prom date!

Junior Potato
    Did your first prom date eat children as well?

After he was finished with her she did.

Just finished a bunch of staycation holidays today. Yesterday I finally dropped by on of the local Antique Malls.

Went over to look as some diecast. And the cabinet beside it was filled with videogames. A full-sized PSX (couldn't tell whether it had the back port or not). And two slim-line PS2's! $50Cdn wanted for the PSX. A lot of Nintendo(?) cartridges and consoles too, which I cannot so easily classify.

Not that that proves they are Antiques. Just validates my assessment that the line between Antique dealers and used product dealers is blurring.

Administrator
    Rant mode on.

I finally installed the Epic Games launcher because I want to play Tetris Effect in VR after how much RWA has talked it up. I am pleased to see that it'll let me sign in through Gauth, which I use. That then prompts me to "link an account", and I have no idea what this means. I try to create one, but it tells me I already have one. So, I password reset on that and wait. And wait. And wait. I try again, and this time an email shows up. Only, that was the first one, and after trying to reset, the reset token was no longer valid because of my second attempt to reset.

So I reset with the second one and that works. I finally realize how I have this other account - it's because Epic doesn't do email verification, and some idiot had signed up with my email address a while ago and I pwned the account. At any rate, that's now done.

It then tells me it doesn't recognize the device, so it wants me to use two-factor and they are sending me a code to the email that I just used to get the token to reset the password. I wait a while, it eventually shows up, I enter it. Great! Then I go back to the client software which makes me go through that whole song and dance again (except the password reset part, that is).

Finally in, and the first thing it does is try to download 50 gigs to install Fortnite. Literally, no buttons pressed, I didn't ask it to, it just tried to do it.

This is what bugs me about exclusives like this. It's a shit platform compared to Steam, which works absolutely fine for me, but now I have to put up with this thing that's damn close to malware because of some exclusivity deal. Meh.

Rant mode off.