Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1254

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Female Masturbatory Aid
    50% accurate

Starfield is still sitting at 73 minutes.....

Ive finished Starfield... Im Starborn

I have a few dozen hours into Starfield... But I think I might start over.

I don't like having to choose a background of my character without knowing what those things mean. 3 different factions, or 3 different religions, etc...

I would love a trailer or something as to the basics of where we are in time, the universe, etc...

I feel like someone with amnesia starting the game with no idea of what is going on around me. Or what the world (universe) is like at the moment.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    I don't like having to choose a background of my character without knowing what those things mean. 3 different factions, or 3 different religions, etc...
    Yeah that is not something I normally see in games closer to my tastes, and I just wanted to get rolling and see what the game was like so hastily slapped together a guy named Bazza. Yeah very futuristic. Very in-universe name.

I bought World OF Outlaws for the PS5. Enjoying it a lot. I'm sure it's not anywhere close to Iracing on a console, but the driving feels convincingly "weird" anyway and it looks really great. I got the ultimate edition so there's a ton of content.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Random. Super Random:

I enjoyed Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli on PS3. So I went to see if Eutechnyx had published anything racey on Steam. And they have Nascar '15 Victory edition, which, at about 10 bucks, sounds reasonable... But they also have Street Racing Syndicate (very positive recent reviews) which just sounds too awesome to not try at around USD $2.

I don't know if i'll try it, but i will let you know if i do.

Last edited by FaultyMario; January 19th, 2024 at 04:57 PM.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    We've joined the Steam Families Beta.
    acket.

Administrator
    Don't think I mentioned it, but I ended up grabbing one of the Turtle Beach Stealth Ultra controllers a few months back after my XBox Elite 2 stopped charging. It was my third XBox Elite (one was RMA'd) and none of them ever worked *quite* right. Usually the A button was dodgy, but all three I had had some sort of idiosyncrasy and then the Stealth Ultra popped up as a competitor.

I know Turtle Beach has a long history of making shitty peripherals, but it does seem like they're making a leap at becoming good. So far, I really like it, but with some caveats.

It's got hall effect joysticks and happ switches for the buttons, which supposedly means the joysticks won't be prone to drift and the buttons can take tons of presses without issue. So far so good on that front. All the buttons have a satisfying click to them (which might actually be a bit loud for some) and the sticks work great. The sticks also come with this zero-friction ring around the outside which did feel pretty amazing when I got it. I've seen a lot of reviews saying that ring degrades pretty quickly and, while it still feels pretty good, it is noticeably not as smooth as when I first used it. It's now more like most every other controller on the market, which is fine. I also prefer the short-throw distance for the triggers that I use pretty regularly with Diablo to those on the XBox Elite, they work quite nicely.

It's weirdly light-weight feeling, especially compared to the XBox Elite. It's probably a little bit lighter than a standard XBox One controller. That actually both makes it comfortable and also makes it feel on the cheap side. It seems like the quality isn't bad, but it definitely doesn't give you that feeling of "oh yeah, this is a solid piece of engineering." That said, I never hear the plastic creaking or anything like that, it just is ultra light.

Turtle Beach claim a 30 hour battery life on it and I do not see how that's even remotely possible. Out of the box, I think I could get maybe 4 hours out of it. Now, Diablo is pretty heavy on the rumble, so that doesn't help. However, it also turns out there are a bunch of different settings/power modes and of course it's set to use as much power as possible. It's got four haptic feedback motors and all of them are set to max by default. The screen brightness and LED brightness are set to max with a very long sleep timeout. I've since lowered the screen brightness down as low as it'll go, dropped the haptic feedback to 4 out of 10, and set a screen timeout for one minute. Battery life is now probably more around 10-15 hours. It recharges quickly over USB-C, and you can use it as a wired controller if you charge it from a USB port on your machine, so it's not really a big deal.

Speaking of, I lowered the brightness on the screen because while it's neat, it's not really useful for anything other than changing those settings, which you can also do with an app. It's gimmicky, though executed reasonably well. The LEDs along the sides are a little much, but you can also turn them off if you want.

I wish I could speak to the bluetooth connectivity but I've never been able to get bt to work on my windows desktop, so I'm using their included USB wireless adapter. It is...not great. The range is pretty weak and if I turn so my body is somewhat between the controller and the receiver, it often just goes dead. It also would regularly disconnect and then be unable to regain connection without turning it off and turning it back on again, which isn't great when you're trying to do something in a game. This was before I updated the firmware yesterday, so that might be fixed. It also had a fun bug where if I turned on my PC with it plugged in and tried to use it as a wired controller, it'd get stuck thinking the joystick was in the far upper-left position (I'm assuming an x,y of 0,0). Again, hoping this was fixed with the firmware update, but I've been testing my changes and how they work with battery life, so I haven't really tested that out. Still, that was a little frustrating as I was often just leaving it plugged in so I didn't have to deal with the connectivity issues when using it wirelessly.

At any rate, it's pretty decent, but pricey at $200. That said, other than the weird bugs here and there, it just does seem more reliable than the slightly less expensive XBox elite. I just wish it felt as good holding it, but it is nice having responsive buttons with good feedback, so I'll take the tradeoff.

The screen is a neat gimmick but I can't imagine why you would need it on a regular basis.

Administrator
    Michele was off to see her folks for Easter. We were able to play co-op Diablo via the Steam Deck. Pretty impressive stuff, we did a few vaults and some uber boss killing.

I actually didn't have to work on vacation. Brought notebook, wired Razer mouse. All ready to play some pc games at the airport gate. Fucking Steam allows you to install games but doesn't tell you that you need to install Visual Console, Directx etc. And I wasn't going to log into airport wifi or use roaming data for crap like that

Oh well, I played Genshin Impact on the iPad Pro instead.