Page 34 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Yeah that looks fantastic!

Like Minecraft + graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Looks like you need at least SIX TERAFLOPS to play Doom at high resolution
    Yep -- sadly my six teraflops won't get here until Nov. 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    I still have Titanfall downloaded to my Xbone. I just never play it because no one else does. Hit me up if we're ever on at the same time.
    I'll be jockeying the Titans tonight, hoss.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    The pendulum swings the other way... I've got 2560x1440 and a GTX1080... I'll see what 7/4 Steam sale looks like!
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/22/15...-valve-bundles

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon
    Doom - $14.99 (50 percent off)
    Break out the goddamn wallet and do this.

Yeah, I'm 100% okay with that!

Just started playing Doom, and like Carlo, I am not loving it. Maybe it's the PC/console issue since I'm playing it on the PS4. I was interested in it since it got good reviews and I liked Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Maybe it's because I was never that big into the old school first person shooters (though, like I said, I liked Wolfenstein TNO, and I liked Far Cry 3 and 4), but I'm also not a fan of stumbling around in the dark waiting for cheap shots. If I was, I could just walk about my house and wait to step/trip on whatever my toddler has moved about or left on the floor.

Administrator
    I swore we had a thread on this but it doesn't look like we do. I remember (I think RWA) talking about Steep, sorta a successor to the SSX crown. I wasn't sure about paying full price on it, but it's on the Steam sale right now for half off, or $39.99 for it plus all three DLCs that have come out for it. Having fun so far, though it's tough.

Junior Potato
    Yeah that was me. I like the game, but it's not high on my priority list. That may well change when the Winter Olympics expansion arrives later this year. It's been cheap for consoles for a while.

Edit: It's also coming to Switch!

Administrator
    Note that it is goddamn infuriating. It's really pretty, but christ is it hard to do much of anything. Also, for some ungodly reason if you invert the flight controls for the wingsuit, that also inverts now you take off. So you walk to the edge of something, and then pull back to jump forward. Took me forever to figure out why my guy kept turning around and then just smashing his face into the ground when I'd push forward.

In other news, streaming at home to my HTPC from my main rig using Moonlight/NVIDIA Game Experience and a DS4 is awesome. At least for games like Firewatch. I haven't tried it on fast-twitch games, where I suspect it'll be a liability, but it's good fun for now letting my 1070 do the heavy lifting!