Page 75 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Spider-Man is so good.

That is all.
    Just started it. Pretty enjoyable so far. It's not quite as crazy with the side stuff like Elder Scrolls or Fallout, which is good for me. I never made it far in the main quests in either of those, because i was too busy looking for every last item in caves and shit. Or GTA, which I pretty much never played the main stories.

But it still has enough to keep you busy when you feel like leveling up and just exploring.

Junior Potato
    Oooof.

Is anyone planning on buying CoD Blops IIII?

I hope you aren't, because fuck that game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...update-to-work

Finished Doom (2016) on PC. Install got fucked (no idea why probably the save file got corrupt) and I played a whole level with abysmal fucked-up (artifacts and pixel grids) graphics, then it sorted itself.
    Anyhow last 4 levels were a chore, basically killing everything in locked rooms... lame. Almost no plot at all (I swear, Doom 3 ten years ago felt more like a thrilling story in comparison!) and an even lamer end.
    Tried playing Watch Dogs: couldn't pass over the slow controls. I've Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag courtesy of Uplay by Ubisoft, but no sure if I'll keep playing it - not much into AC games, at all.
    Looking forward to Torchlight Online, meanwhile.

EDIT: Almost forgot, Fallout 4, after a 55GB High Res official mod (whole install got to be a whopping 85GB), still looked like shit. Uninstalled the useless mod; I'm possibly over Fallout games and their clunky and convoluted menu, and the game story seems boring.
    Last edited by Blerpa; October 9th, 2018 at 05:59 AM.

Yeah, I was completely unimpressed with the high res textures for F4. Huge waste of space.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Soul Calibur VI is out...will probably get it eventually, but I'd love to have a console so I can relax on my couch and play it.

I've always enjoyed the Soul Calibur series...even back when it was only Soul Blade/Soul Edge. It's funny that many people don't even realize that there was a game before Soul Calibur.

The series has always been fun, graphics very good and the announcer ...a weird computer-like voice that sounds like it's in a tunnel was always strange.

I also love Yoshimitsu. It might be my favorite fighting game character in any series since his moves are so unique. He also has a very different look in most games, and he would be considered the strangest character in the game...........if it wasn't for Voldo. It's also great that he's in Tekken, so I can use basically the same moves in both games. The last time I was in the philippines I had to waste 6 hours, so I went to a local arcade and played Tekken 7 against random strangers....I was using Yoshimitsu and having so much fun just causing random havoc, even if I wasn't winning.

I never got to V, but played the crap out of 2 and 4, and loved the custom character creations in 4.

Administrator
    If you're not worried about competitive online play or anything, a Steam Link is a pretty good option for playing PC games while relaxing on the couch. I find that even with a wired connection there's a little too much latency for sim/sim-lite racing games, but I've had a good time playing Tekken 7 over it on my TV. Only bummer with that is that I think it only supports 1080p right now, so despite having a 4K TV and a computer that can comfortably run it at 4K, I can only play 1080p with that setup. Still, they often go on sale for ludicrously cheap (like $5 or so).

I've also always liked the SE/SC series and, after the great Tekken 7 release for PC, am looking forward to picking this up.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If you're not worried about competitive online play or anything, a Steam Link is a pretty good option for playing PC games while relaxing on the couch. I find that even with a wired connection there's a little too much latency for sim/sim-lite racing games, but I've had a good time playing Tekken 7 over it on my TV. Only bummer with that is that I think it only supports 1080p right now, so despite having a 4K TV and a computer that can comfortably run it at 4K, I can only play 1080p with that setup. Still, they often go on sale for ludicrously cheap (like $5 or so).

I've also always liked the SE/SC series and, after the great Tekken 7 release for PC, am looking forward to picking this up.

Junior Potato
    I’m playing Dark Souls on my Switch. It’s my first time.

The game feels like a punch in the guts. But it’s so rewarding when you make progress.

Administrator
    Picked up Soul Calibur and the on-sale Yakuza Zero in a jetlag induced haze. Going back to sleep. Hope I do not have the buyer's remorse when I wake back up.

Junior Potato
    I’m slowly collecting all the Yakuza games as they come out on PS4, so that I have them all ready to play as soon as I finish Yakuza 0.

Which I’ll totally get to before this console generation ends.

Yep.

I promise.