Page 118 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1254

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Not helpful for you, but I had some free time this rainy weekend and I hooked my NES to my TV. It was really nice to play the original Tetris again. I have Tetris Ultimate for PS4 but it's not the same.

Administrator
    My local video rental place when I was a kid had the Tengen version of Tetris for the NES. I really should have bought that when I had a chance, the price on it went through the roof when Nintendo sued the shit out of them over it, and it was easily the best version for the NES.

I have played the ROM but never bought the cartridge. I do have some other Tengen games.

Administrator
    I never realized that Tengen was just another name Atari was using.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I never realized that Tengen was just another name Atari was using.
    Yes and it was interesting due to Nintendo having some kind of chip to verify it's an authentic cartridge....saw a youtube video about it once

Administrator
    Took the Steam Deck on a trip to Austin over the weekend. Worked out great on the 2 1/2 hour or so flight, killed maybe 40% of the battery each direction.

Still really liking it a lot, and enjoying playing all those Steam games I've bought and never really played or at least never finished.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Started playing LA Noire...Rockstar's 1940's LA Detective Procedural video game (if by chance you aren't aware of it). It's pretty good, WAY more linear than other R* games...you can do a few things extra but definitely isn't the open world feel.

A lot of it is trying to guess the character's expressions on whether they're lying or not...apparently they put a lot of effort into the facial models expressions but you get a LOT of uncanny valley IMO. Also, I got this on Steam for PC and it's been a bit glitchy, freezing and graphics not loading and I have a pretty robust PC, so it's annoying.

They really needed to make a sequel to LA Noire. Still holds up well today.

Junior Potato
    Some nonsense went down with the developer. The studio director kept the rights to the facial animation tech but Rockstar got the game. I doubt a sequel will ever be made.

Junior Potato
    PSA: Portal on PC is $1 on Steam right now.

Portal with RTX is supposed to come out this month and is a free upgrade for owners of the game.

Get on it!