Page 77 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    What's all the rage about? People don't have to play the game if they don't like it. Idiots.
    I haven't *totally* followed this, but it sounds like Blizzard spent a few weeks leading up to this teasing a new Diablo game, so everyone assumed it was going to be Diablo 4. Then they showed up with some shitty mobile app with microtransactions instead.

It's not really worth a lot of rage, but it'd be kinda like teasing a new Star Wars coming up, then announcing that it's just going to be a sequel to the Star Wars Christmas Special airing on Oxygen.

Junior Potato
    I’ve just spent the WHOLE DAY playing Tetris Effect, most of it in VR, and I’ve gotta say that it has been one of my favourite gaming experiences in 2018.

If you like music, you like games, and you like seeing where a large amount of talent can take the two when they’re smooshed together, then I’d highly recommend you seek it out. It came out on PS4 today.

I’m also glad that I pre ordered my copy, because it’s the only copy that my local EB got in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I haven't *totally* followed this, but it sounds like Blizzard spent a few weeks leading up to this teasing a new Diablo game, so everyone assumed it was going to be Diablo 4. Then they showed up with some shitty mobile app with microtransactions instead.

It's not really worth a lot of rage, but it'd be kinda like teasing a new Star Wars coming up, then announcing that it's just going to be a sequel to the Star Wars Christmas Special airing on Oxygen.
    Not only that.
    People flew to Blizzcon (so paid plane tickets to be there), they paid to be in Blizzcon... and what do you reply to your quite mostly PC gaming community since decades when they ask "Will at least come also for PC?" ?
    Well you don't get the point of why your software house is around PC gaming and making money and reply "No. But com'on, don't you have a phone?"
    Way to don't get it at all.
    Insulting, really.

Also... Diablo Immortal is NOT a new game. It is an old chinese game, Free to Play and hideously Pay to Win, with a Diablo reskin on top of it. What a shamble of a presentation.

Administrator
    My neighbor has PSVR, I might have to borrow it to check Tetris Effect out. Makes me sad that it's not on the PC though, I'd like to be able to try it with my Rift and don't feel like spending the money on PSVR just for this.

You can definitely feel the Rez DNA in it, just went through the first level where the music is mostly generated by what you're doing, that was a nice trick.

Administrator
    Heh, I laughed when I saw "Unreal Engine" at the beginning, thinking "Why in the hell would Tetris need Unreal Engine". No Tetris game should have visuals like this, holy shit.

Junior Potato
    Try the mystery mode in VR if you get a chance. It’s the mode that throws the random effects at you while you play.

One of them changes the perspective which causes the Tetris well to loom large in your view. On a flat TV it looks a bit bigger. In VR it becomes a massive billboard sized colossus

I love this game.

A few years ago, I spent some time playing Warface on the Xbox. They ended up taking the servers offline, so no more Warface on Xbox. I felt bad for people that had actually spent money on the game. I simply deleted it and forgot about it.

Recently, they brought the game back. I only found out because I noticed it in the free game list. I started playing it again. I like the concept of the game. It's close to the old Ghost Recon games, with multiplayer PvE. Oh man, is it ever frustrating to play with randoms though. The game is deadly and there are no immediate respawns in PvE. My teammates just charge in and often get eliminated. Also, they ignore bad guys that they should have eliminated on their way by that end up killing me. I often play the token medic, who only has short-range weapons. Many enemies are at long range. Super-frustrating to play right now.

Speaking of Blizzcon, I am really looking forward to WoW Classic. I started playing in TBC, which was before they did a LOT of QoL changes during Wrath and later, so I know what to expect. Even so, I still enjoyed those old zones and am looking forward to seeing them properly populated again.

Junior Potato
    Sony is out of next year’s E3!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ing-e3-in-2019

Commence speculation of what that means for PlayStation 5…

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndMoparMan View Post
    Speaking of Blizzcon, I am really looking forward to WoW Classic. I started playing in TBC, which was before they did a LOT of QoL changes during Wrath and later, so I know what to expect. Even so, I still enjoyed those old zones and am looking forward to seeing them properly populated again.
    I've been looking at the YouTube vids of the test of the WoW Classic / Vanilla. Looks tough on time suckage.