Page 116 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1254

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Are all the... High res YouTube videos of (presumably) modded Tida outfits trying to make a point?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Tifa? the point that she's hot for a video game character?

Some would take that view.

Administrator
    Nearly one year after I put in the reservation, just got my invite to buy a Steam Deck.

My niece has an Oculus. Lori and I tried Beat Saber and enjoyed it. She may have put an Oculus in one of her online shopping carts.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Some would take that view.
    like the Italian senate?

Possibly.

Administrator
    Got my Steam Deck. Haven't had much of a chance to mess with it as my in-laws are here and I'm trying not to be rude, but I've gotten a little playing with it.

It's way, way bigger than a Switch. That said, it doesn't feel all that unwieldy while you use it, but it does take up a ton of room on the desk. The case is massive as well. It'll be harder to pack in a small carry-on than the Switch is. Controller bits feel pretty good, though I'm still getting used to the trackpads (I had the same problem with the Steam controller a while back). Hard to click without moving the mouse pointer while you use it, which can get exciting when running it in desktop mode.

A lot of my library is listed as either incompatible or with unknown compatibility. Of the 407 games I have on Steam (I really thought I had more...), 77 are incompatible, 120 are unknown, 134 are "mostly compatible", and 76 are fully compatible. The first one I tried was "mostly compatible", just some notes that the text might be too tiny to read in some places, Civilization VI. Apparently that was a poor choice, as an update a couple of days ago (that apparently only tweaked the 2K launcher) broke compatibility, it would just crash on startup.

Installed a few other games, including Horizon Zero Dawn, which is listed as fully compatible. It runs pretty well by default, but you can apparently greatly improve performance by using AMD's FSR upscaling and lowering the resolution a fair bit. Trying to figure out how to make that work was a bit of a chore - having to find a resolution that matched the ratio, but then also apparently you have to change the display setting from borderless to fullscreen, then it enabled.

Linux desktop works well, already installed Chrome and a couple of other apps. Haven't tried any emulators yet.

I haven't tried it off a power source, so no idea how battery life is. The fan cranked up pretty good when I was messing around with Horizon, but I'm not on the beta Steam OS that supposedly adjusts the fan curve to be a little less aggressive.

It does a very good job of streaming from a gaming PC running Steam.

I like it so far, but it's probably not for someone who's unwilling to tinker around until you get decent performance, which might include me. We'll see how that goes.

Administrator
    Well, trying to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey on it is an absolute hellscape thanks to the Ubisoft launcher. Still trying to get that to work right.

EDIT: Got it working after about 2 1/2 hours of fiddling. It works, but it takes a good 3-4 minutes to start while presumably parts of Ubisoft Connect time out and just decide to let you in anyway. Once it's running though, it runs really well.

Administrator
    Once I sorted the control issues with FF7, the Deck feels like the perfect format to replay it these days. Really enjoying replaying it so far.