Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Junior Potato
    Oooh awesome! Thanks for letting us know

Nice!

Junior Potato
    Here's what the aforementioned Ataribox console is likely to to look like. These concept images show a classic wood grain or black fascia, fronting a ribbed casing that calls out the old Atari 2600. On the back are SD card slot, USB, and HDMI ports. The machine will reportedly run classic Atari games as well as new content. No specs are available yet, but the pessimistic among us will guess that it could end up being a basic Android powered thing with access to some sort of shovelware store.

Oh, and for now the device will be crowdfunded. So, nothing yet to see here, sadly.

So basically an Atari branded-Oyua? Underwhelming.

Junior Potato
    Shadow Warrior Special Edition is free this weekend over at Humble Bundle. The trailer for it looks SWEET.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/s...content=Banner

Tried some free-to-play games today.

Marvel Heroes Omega: 3rd person beat-em-up. It's alright, but it didn't really grab my interest. Kind of plays like Diablo. I probably won't play it more, so... DELETED.
    Crossout: Like World of Tanks, but with vehicles you can customise. Too complicated for me. I would rather just play WoT. DELETED.
    DC Universe Online: A little more interesting to me because you can create your own custom character. Kind of feels like Star Trek Online in a way. Menus are really busy and confusing. I went through the trouble of customising my character's outfit. The first time I found a piece of armour, I made the mistake of trying it on. It overwrote my custom outfit and I can't get it back.
    Gigantic: I really like the style of this game. Looks great with great animation and character designs. Ultimately, it's an Overwatch clone. I'm not into OverwatDELETED.

I always download and try the Games With Gold games. Nothing compelling has come out lately. DELETED. DELETED. DELETED. DELETED. DELETED. DELETED...

Eventually I uninstalled Metro 2033: too boring, too depressing, too slow.
    Installed Crossout: bore, complex, vehicles seemed slow. Uninstalled.
    Then I installed Shadow Warrior: once again boring and pretty clunky. Uninstalled as well.
    Now playing Fallout New Vegas: not as entusing as Fallout 3. Let's see how much it lasts. LOL

Administrator
    I know mobile games are not really part of this, but christ I'm having a hard time finding something even remotely fun to play on my phone. The ones that are somewhat close end up almost immediately begging for add-on purchases.

Anyone have any games they actually like?

Hitman GO was my go-to for a while, if you haven't tried that. Tomb Raider GO is also very good apparently.