Page 55 of 125 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

Administrator
    I just found that I spent the vast majority of my time stuck somewhere, and wondering what I'm supposed to do next. Also, any time I tried to use the wingsuit, my guy had this tendency to just literally slam his face into the ground rather than jump off whatever it was he was on.

Junior Potato
    Still not as bad as SWBFII

Junior Potato
    So here’s me playing Road to tha ‘Lympics.

After about 20 tries, I finally did a run without smashing into a corner marker, or planting my face into a tree at 120km/h.

It’s actually uncanny how well the normally-open world extreme sports gameplay of the base game translates into the more controlled environment of a fast downhill skiing competition. It is almost like adding Olympics to Steep was a no-brainer from the start. The big air snowboarding comp (the other sport that I’ve tried) is a bit harder to master, but I find that picking lines and controlling gravity-powered energy it very responsive and satisfying as buggery.

It might compel me to finally dip into my wallet and buy the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Also, any time I tried to use the wingsuit, my guy had this tendency to just literally slam his face into the ground rather than jump off whatever it was he was on.
    It didn't help that the same control to dive downward is the control to go forward to the place from which you want to jump.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Downloaded Gone Home a while ago and finally got around to playing it yesterday. Not too much to do other than solve a mystery. Interesting game.

Junior Potato
    The PS4 exclusive Dreams is looking pretty out there. It’s made by Media Molecule, the dev behind Little Big Planet.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...unch-next-year

I’ve never been into the LBP series. It’s style is not really my cup of tea, but the same-ish aesthetic is coming to Dreams and it seems to suit. As far as I can tell it’s a trippy VR sculpting simulator with some adventure game elements.

Mick, have you played NieR: Automata? It's supposed to be THE pinnacle of gaming yet produced.

Administrator
    I swear there used to be a thread lying around with everyone's usernames on PSN, XBL, and Steam, but now I can't find it. Anyone know where that is?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Down the page somewhere? I kept asking for it to be pinned but no-one takes anything i say seriously. I can hear people laughing at this post as i type. They say it's fake news. I cry.

Administrator
    Crap. Went through about 7 pages so far, no dice. Will keep looking. Add me to the chorus of "can we pin this"? Otherwise, I might ask to get a pinned post on the GTXF Facebook page.