Page 108 of 125 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1248

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

(Steam handheld, if it was not apparent.)

One of the Switch's big selling points has been flexible access to a ton of indie games, having Steam libraries that are already full and shared with a dedicated gaming PC is a great way to compete.

Junior Potato
    Steam Deck's biggest potential comes not from new AAA PC games, but from old stuff. The thing will be a tremendous platform for... emulating Nintendo games

I'd love one for playing Game Pass on. I'd tether that thing to my phone and play Flight Simulator on it.

Administrator
    The battery life sounds sub-optimal to me, but I reserved one anyway.

I saw a pretty interesting infographic on reddit listing the history of vaporware and quickly abandoned hardware from Steam. Seems if this is successful it will be an outlier.

Battlefield 2042's Portal mode has made me interested in the game: https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-...unced-ea-play/
    Get that weak shit off my track

That's multi-player only, right?

Technically, you have to be connected to the internet with this game.
    But from what I understand, BF2042 can be played entirely solo with bots if you wanted. That includes Portal.

Yep, they detailed how the bots will work in Portal.

You can play any mode with bots, though, and they'll do their best to make sense of it. Or you can design a mode specifically to be played against bots, with friends if you like—that's what I'm most excited about. Me and some friends with a bunch of Battlefield vehicles vs an army of bots? Seems like an excellent use of time.
    Wiebe acknowledged that it won't be easy to get 127 other players into a mode you just designed, but pointed out you can design smaller modes or use bots to backfill your server until people show up (if they show up).
    I'm particularly excited about the PvE potential. I don't know that I'll ever rally over 100 people to play a big custom competitive mode I made, but I could get five friends into a stupid game where we fight WW2 soldiers with F-35E Panthers. That in mind, I'm now extra curious about Battlefield 2042's bots. DICE says they're pretty smart, so hopefully they don't spend a lot of time walking face-first into walls.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I didn't realize that. That sounds fun!