Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1254

Thread: Random Video Games/News Thread

I was watching one of the recent Nextlander YT videos, and the guys were playing American Truck Simulator. And that's when they mentioned that AMS has officially added co-op support!

Hell yeah, time to convoy with the buddies

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Yep, they detailed how the bots will work in Portal.
    "Not bad asshole, not bad"

"My face!"

The bots need to have sayings though.

Multiplayer is now available in European Truck Simulator also.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Truck races across France?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    "Not bad asshole, not bad"

"My face!"

The bots need to have sayings though.
    Related: I think your teammate bots in Halo Infinite do have sayings that are triggered by your play.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Has anyone else played Splitgate? I did yesterday and it’s heaps of fun.

This is the free-to-play Halo-esque multiplayer shooter with added portals that’s popular right now.

When you start out in level 0 you’re paired against other newbies who haven’t quite gotten the hang of portaling yet, so it still feels like a standard game of Halo. But I totally destroyed a game of Oddball yesterday simply by jumping to random areas of the map

And tricking another player by portaling right behind them while they’re shooting you is SO satisfying!

It may not be 100% original but the possibilities that the combo presents are so good. No vehicles though. The maps are small-to-medium size, so I wonder if they have any plans to add larger maps and go full Halo with it. Imagine launching a Warthog through a hole and into someone else’s base

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I decided to play a Yakuza game....couldn't decide which one so I decided on the prequel, Yakuza:0, also since it's one of the newest ones. I've heard some people say it's good to start with a different one and come back to that but oh well.

Overall the game is very enjoyable, good plot with some very emotional bits...the yakuza structure bits are a bit convoluted but that's exactly what I'd expect as it seems that's the way it is.

The combat system is a lot of fun and pulling off moves with style is enjoyable, even some of the goofier ones like the break dancing (This takes place in 1988)

Having said that, the regular in-game music is modern and not 80's style with what sounds like Rob Zombie and other dubstep style tracks...nothing like 80's music at all.

It's also a bit obvious the game engine is an older one as it is a bit clunky, moving between buildings requires it to load a new area and everything feels like early 2000's gameplay almost, just with some graphical improvements.

Since it is set in Japan in the 80's and since it is also a SEGA property, I do end up reminded a little bit of the first Shenmue game (I haven't played 2 or 3) and they do share similarities. This game is much more combat oriented though and this could be good or bad, you'll run into various street thugs around every block or two. There isn't really a "no encounter" option, other than one silly thing you unlock later called Cash Confetti where you literally throw money in the air and they will chase that instead of fighting you.

I'm nearly done with the entire game, mid-way through the final chapter now, but wanted to take a break and share my thoughts in case anyone else had interest...it came out a few years ago, so it's not brand new. I definitely want to check out the other games and the plot line from here.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I played Yakuza 0 when it came out. It’s as much a video game as it is an exploration of red light district culture in Tokyo. There are some genuine ‘ow my sides hurt’ moments of laughter in the game. And you’re not wrong about the similarities between Yakuza and Shenmue. As far as I understand, the first Yakuza was intended to be a spiritual successor to Shenmue after the designer left Sega.

Junior Potato
    I played Superliminal this evening. 10 gb of game, but only 4 hrs of game play. I'm glad I didn't buy it before it wound its way onto Game Pass.

But it was really good! Lots of surprises and good puzzles that aren't too hard. It's a bit of a cross between Portal and The Stanley Parable, and it wanted to be Portal so, so much.

So I played it and finished it, then very briefly checked out the additional game modes... and deleted it. Good. Efficient. Not a drag on time or HDD space. Highly recommended.

Oooh, I loved Superliminal for the experience. Definitely as a Game Pass / sale thing, not full price.

Loosely related to Superliminal - and these may be well-known already - but I highly recommend Manifold Garden and Antichamber. They are more puzzle-y and trippier.